Still rambling

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A big brother



earlier this week, a neat thing happened at my kids' house...

Their dog Kylie had taken a liking to Abby's halloween candy.....they got home one day, and Abby's bag was strewn all over her room..... her favourite chocolate bar chewed up and only part of the wrapper left.....

Taylor, being a non typical big brother, said :
Be back in a minute...

and went upstairs ... he appeared a few minutes later and said " be back in a minute"

and they didn't see him for a few minutes...... when he got back, he handed Abby a brand new replacement chocolate bar.....

He'd taken some of his allowance money and walked to the variety store and bought it for her....

sigh... I am very proud of you buddy!!

7 Comments:

At November 10, 2006 6:48 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Big brothers who are thoughtful and sweet are THE BEST! I ought to know...my big brother is amongst the best there is!!!

 
At November 10, 2006 6:48 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

P.S. Cute dog!!!

 
At November 10, 2006 9:16 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always said he is a SPECIAL boy.

 
At November 10, 2006 12:22 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

Let's see... what did my big brother do for me when I was growing up.... hmmmm... HE THREW ME OFF A ROOF!!!!!

 
At November 10, 2006 6:22 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

Carollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Until just now, when Abby read that, my children didn't know about my attempted uh.. homicide!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.. thanks for that!!

I think back THEN.. my thinking was the same as Taylor's....

I shoved you off the roof, took my allowance to the store and tried to get a new sister!

make sense???!!

 
At November 10, 2006 7:03 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Big brothers can be wonderful, but have their faults, too (as pointed out). You actually THREW you poor sister off of a ROOF??? tsk, tsk.

Mine tried to decapitate me (I had the blade from a handsaw stuck in my forehead - had to have stitches)...and that was when I was in Kindergarten!

 
At November 15, 2006 6:56 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Ya, my brother's never did anything that nice either....tho they will deny to their deaths the things they REALLY did!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home