Still rambling

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ganesh's Blog

I mentioned what a good time I had with my friend Ganesh ( who's real name now is Joshua ... I'm just stuck in a rut, is all, and can't seem to get my mind around the fact that he's not Ganesh anymore!! )

it was a really neat thing... visiting after all these years.. sooo much water has gone under the bridge of our lives since then.... and yet, it was as if no time had elapsed at all....

we laughed together, we shopped together ( Future Shop's pretty cool isn't it Ganesh??!! ) we drove together, we ate to gether ... and we prayed together....

it was a special special time...

One of the things we did was to set up a blog for him... it was an excercise in frustration, for both of us... at one point, we were asked to pick a user Name.. The user name is a blogger's log in name... without that, you can't edit, or create posts.....
.. for whatever reason, late last night, I wasn't thinking... and instead of picking a user name, I typed his email address ....when the blog was fully completed, and the first post was done, complete with the pictures, we exited out.... only to find that we couldn't log back in...

we searched for a long time... tried every possible "user name" combination, different spelling, a dot here, a dot there, capitals, non capital letters,
and just about the time we were both ready to pack it in... we tried the Beta thing... put his email address in.. and whoooooosh.... it logged in...

I wasn't sure if I felt relieved, or if I just felt dorky!

Regardless, it was pretty neat to finally get the blog user name figured out...

Here's the link.... you can see some neat pictures we took this weekend...

http://joshuapradhan.blogspot.com/

and when you're there, remember to pray for him, and for his ministry over the next 5 weeks as he travels!

2 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 6:47 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I'm really happy that you were able to reconnect with your friend.
Is he a missionary?

Last year, I also reconnected with a long lost friend and now, she and I email each other, daily. In fact, if our computer "acts up" (as mine did over the weekend), we CALL each other - the old fashioned way - on the phone!!!

 
At November 14, 2006 5:42 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

There is nothing like a friend that you can laugh, shop, drive, eat and pray with....all after not seeing each other in so long. It's such a special relationship that you dont' find with just anyone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home