Still rambling

Monday, November 13, 2006

My Weekend

well.... it's hard to imagine that it is Monday already.... had a really good weekend .... I spent some time on Saturday fixing up all the things I broke at my friend Karen's corn maze in Napanee..... I still have a couple of things left..... I realized how hard it is on my friends having me around!!!

Saturday night, I went to the Bull's hockey game..... they got smoked ( the score wasn't a smoking, but they were badly outplayed... ) and thennnnnnnnnn ... to make matters worse.... Toronto and Montreal were playing in the NHL ... I'm not gonna say who won, but I'll just say it was a baddddddddd night all around as far as hockey goes!!!

Sunday, I sang both services at my mom and dad's church ... my friend Ganesh spoke Sunday night... he and I had a really good visit Sunday afternoon, evening and this morning... it's really neat, as brothers in the Lord, that even though we've not seen each other in 21 years, we picked up where we left off way back then.... makes the thought of Heaven all that much sweeter, knowing we'll be able to rekindle our friendships!

This morning, we left for the airport just before 8 .... I took my dad's car, and his GPS .... what an AWESOME tool that GPS thing is.... ( I want one bad!!! ) ...

This afternoon, I did one inspection in Cobourg, found it REALLY fast, thanks to the GPS .... I may have mentioned this before, but I want REALLY want one of those things!
!!














So Ganesh is now in Calgary, on to the next leg of his trip.... from there, he will be in BC, then Washington State, going back through Nevada and eventually Michigan, before flying out of Toronto on Dec 18 th.....

When we checked his bags at the airport today, one bag was too heavy... cost an extra $35 for an over weight charge.... they put a big orange "heavy" sticker on his bag...( so the handlers would know , I guess ) .... when we were done checking in, I asked the lady at the counter if I could have one of the stickers... since it was fairly uh...well... it described uh.. ME!..
she laughed and gave me five.. not sure if she was making a POINT or not!!

Anyway, after I got back to Belleville, I put it on my hat, thinking it would be funny......... and promptly FORGOT that I had it on there... went to the mall shopping.... Wandered all through the mall, was at Winners for a while..... then I stopped at Zellers just before coming home... and the cashier said to me : WHAT IS THAT on your hat??? I thought.. it's just my really cool Cracker Barrell hat........and then I remembered I'd put the sticker on.... DOH!!!! Stuppppppppppppppid!

aaaaaaaaaanyway..... I was a fashion statement today at the Quinte Mall... jeeeeepers

3 Comments:

At November 13, 2006 7:42 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

First of all, the final score was 5-1 Leafs over Habs!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!

Re: GPS - maybe you can get one - ask TPTB.

 
At November 14, 2006 7:20 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my, I LOVE that picture. Thats the Paul I remember... buwahahaha. Ok, maybe without the heavy sign (or reason for it? buwahaha)

 
At November 14, 2006 5:47 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Maybe you should put the GPS on your christmas list??

You really are just too funny....wearing that sticker all over..just too funny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home