Still rambling

Friday, November 17, 2006

Computer Crash

well............. for the second time in, lets see.....7 years, since I've owned a computer, I've had a complete computer crash...... not sure exactly what happened.... all I know is last night, I took some of the most beautiful photos of the sun and a huge rainbow.........honestly, , bar none, i have not EVER seen the sun as red and gorgeous , particularly after not being out all day...... and the RAINBOW... mannn oh mannnnnnnnn.... complete arc ... with a double ring... man!!

but when I downloaded them, my computer froze up... when I powered off and started up again, windows would not load..... crap

the worst part, apart from losing GOOD CLOUD PHOTOS.... is that I have 4 days worth of inspection photos, including a full days worth from Iroquois/Kemptville, down near Cornwall.....

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....

anyway... my friend Angela sent me a text message last night...and I quote :
" DO NOT TOUCH THAT THING... bring it here ASAP"

.... Her dad, unbenownst ( is that a word ) to me, runs a Data Recovery business : Recovery Force
So tomorrow, on our way to Belleville, I'll be dropping the computer off at her dad's place in Guelph.....

I could care a less about the inspection photos Angela, but the CLOUDS.... THE CLOUDS..... oh my MERCY.... of all times to LOSE PHOTOS ( Paul... give it a REST already.....)

Aaaaaaaaanyway.... I'm back in Brantford for a night.... whooeeee.... 4th night so far in November.... that makes 10 nights here since the end of September..... I'm not wearing the furniture out anyway!

So tonight, Anna is at a friend's house overnight.... and Abby and Taylor and I are going to go see a movie..... we had KFC for supper... so with any luck at all, I'll miss the movie , while I"m standing in the hallway of the theatre....fighting back the nausea from all of the grease in my system! you gotta LOVE THE FLAVOUR though!!

more later***pm

7 Comments:

At November 17, 2006 8:02 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I can't breathe....is this a panic attack?? Please tell me the cloud pic's aren't gone...please say it isn't so, Paul...please. Just when I had come to depend on them..aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Oh ya, the nausea is WELL worth the flavour goin' down!! KFC all the way!! LOVE it!

 
At November 17, 2006 8:04 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Welcome to my world...my computer used to crash - A LOT! After I got XP, the only problem that I've had with the system is USER RELATED!

I accidently deleted something I shouldn't have - BIG OOPS! All fixed now, though.

As for the rainbow, I can attest to its beauty. I didn't have a camera with me at the time, so no photos. Don't worry though, with all the rain that we've been having, God will surely send us another one!!!

Have a great weekend!

 
At November 19, 2006 9:55 a.m. , Blogger Angela said...

No worries at all, actually. I understand Dad has you recovered Paul. He can't help with your other areas needing recovery (KFC!?!?!?), but when it comes to computers crashing, it's his specialty.

I'm sooooo glad God led you to send a text message to all your friends and you even included me. What an awesome God indeed!!

 
At November 20, 2006 8:20 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paul, sorry to hear about the computer crash. I hope you woll be able to get your data recovered before long. DO you keep backups?

Had a good time at the Gateway International Church in Calgary yesterday. Spoke on "The CAring CHurch". Then went for lunch at the Pastor's house who had invited alot of people, mostly from India, to hear my presentation.

Then in the evening, came to my nephew's house and had a great time there too.

Have a great day!

JOshua

 
At November 20, 2006 10:28 p.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Okay, you've had the computer back long enough . . . where are the cloud pictures? You do like to keep us in suspense don't you!

 
At November 21, 2006 6:44 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I'd welcome the cloud pictures too, but I'm really holding out for the picture of that gorgeous RAINBOW!

 
At November 21, 2006 6:54 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOldwings, you're fortunate. I hate XP and would go back to 98 in a new york moment if I could! I want xp pro, I've heard it's much better. ah well.

Paul, get those cloud pics back. We need them. Can't you see you've traumatized my sister? LOL

HOpe your puter is working soon!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home