Still rambling

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Collector

all of my life I have been a collector.... I love seeing a whole collection of things... Even when I drive by a big huge Transport Truck terminal on the weekend, I love seeing the entire fleet of trucks all lined up..... I'm not sure why, but that kind of thing fascinates me....

When I was young I collected many different things :

It started with match books...

then .....

Hockey Cards
Key Rings
Jacknives
Caps
















Pens
Business Cards
Coins
Stamps
Buttons
Pucks

and probably a whole bunch more that my mother will remember!!

As I have grown older, the collections have become a memory more than a past time... .but still, I love a collection...
It's just that as I've aged, the type of things I collect is different:

Ties
Cd's
Movies
old discarded cell phones
sentimental letters
friends
photos from my childhood...

sigh.... Life is so much more serious when you're grown up!

or it should be....

This week I sorted through my tool box.... and realized that in spite of my uh.. matureness, I'm still collecting stuff......



2 Comments:

At November 16, 2006 5:11 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I am also a collector of "things":

*spoons (from all over)
*pens that write nicely
*old birthday cards (I actually put together a scrapbook of all the cards from when I was born!!)
*new coins from the mint
*My current favorite is COOKBOOKS!

It's not so much that life becomes more serious as you age, I think your priorities change - kind of like the toy that a child grows out of playing with - it no longer is of the same importance that it once was! ...but I digress!

Anyway, Paul...I hope you still have the hockey cards...depending who's card it is, it could be valuable!!

 
At November 16, 2006 7:20 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Friends are the best collectible...you can store them all over the world...you never have to dust them off or pack them up when you move! You can have them as close as you want or as far as you want and your collection never gets too big...the more you have the better life is...to a point anyway! Getting them all lined up like transport trucks might be a little challenging tho!!

Don't let life make you too serious...not that I have noticed that happening or anything!! We all need the light side of life to get us through all the other stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home