Still rambling

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Huntsville pictures...... sigh... I love it up North

Staring east from a dock on Lake of Bays....





In the village of Dwight... east of Huntsville.....




The lake, directly east of Huntsville...... seen from the lookout in Huntsville....



Huntsville at sunset




The entry way to Huntsville, from Highway 118 just off Highway 11




I LOVE this view.... I want to run and jump in....




Huntsville.... from the lookout.....







I love how the sun hits the wake... almost as if he drove through a bright spot!





A HUGE rock cut that was blasted along DR 118, between Port Carling and Bracebridge



I love this sign...... If Heaven is the land of milk and honey, then the Muskokas are a close second....!!



I love this old truck....



The old Post Office in Bracebridge






A sweet little church in Port Carling




Traffic in Port Carling.. WHAT A BUSY little spot!



This brought back memories of Grampie's store in Randboro



I love this view... scenic.... and peaceful




Hydrantsin Muskoka ..... have to have a snorkel sign so they can find them in the snow pile! One lady told me that the entire accumulation over the winter last year was almost 18 feet.... good thing they had a couple THAWS eh??!!




This uh... GUY was on the bridge in Baysville..... I almost drove off the road trying to get the picture of him!!! Love the hat buddy!!






Huntsville in the rear view mirror.... sigh... was sad to leave!




3 Comments:

At August 17, 2008 7:01 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I'm hoping to go north sometime before my holidays run out.

In all your travels, have you seen any signs of the leaves starting to turn, yet? I know it's very early, but I've seen a couple of trees that are starting to turn.

Great line about Heaven being the land of milk & honey, but Muskoka is the next best thing.

 
At August 18, 2008 1:16 p.m. , Blogger donna said...

love the church pic

 
At August 20, 2008 10:25 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love it up there too!! I usually go every year to the ladies retreat in June, but didn't go this year. Hope to go back next year. The scenery there is breathtaking, makes me realize just how flat Essex county is. We hope to retire in that area in about 12 years. Hope the price of housing settles down......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home