Still rambling

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Going to build my life....

here's a neat song from my childhood.... we used to sing this song all the time at Camp Livingstone ......

brought back a TON of memories to read the lyrics....




GOING TO BUILD MY LIFE
---------------------------------

Going to build my life on the Word of God,
Going to turn by feet in the narrow way
that the saints have trod.
Going to set my heart on things above,
And tell the world that I am full of the Saviour's love.

Going to tune my ears to the Spirit's voice.
Going to pray that He will lead my life in His Holy choice,
Going to use my hands the way He plans,
And daily try my best to do what the Lord commands

Going to tell my friends 'bout the "Jesus" Way'
Going to let them know that He can change
the night to day!
Going to use my time, in things divine
And show the world that I am His and He is mine

And He is mine And He is mine!



6 Comments:

At January 12, 2008 1:47 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Words to live by...what a shame that more people don't honour these words!!!

 
At January 16, 2008 8:56 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

that song takes me right to chapel.. oh the memories.

I also remember waking up to a certain tuba stuck in the window of my cabin.. do you remember anything about that??????? stare

 
At January 16, 2008 9:06 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

my SISTER... Carol.... she was the tuba player....


I played the piccolo!!!

 
At January 17, 2008 1:30 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I had totally forgotten that song but it brought back such memories. We could write a book about that place couldn't we?

The piccolo...you're a nut.

 
At January 18, 2008 1:06 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

funny, she was IN the cabin at the time that the tuba woke us up. Talented girl she was, no?

I miss those days..

Remember Valmore standing in the field calling out for a girl to go to the banquet with him? :)

 
At January 18, 2008 6:19 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

That wasn't Valmore... it was MEEEEE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home