Still rambling

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Price of Freedom

I was watching a documentary this morning on the Discovery Channel .... they were showing F15 fighter planes in the Oregon Guard ... the military unit that patrols the airspace along the West coast of North America....

In an interview, one of the F15 pilots said that before 9-11 .... people in that Oregon community used to complain about the noise of these planes while doing excercise maneuvers.....

but AFTER 9-11 people have begun to realize the importance of Homeland Security ....and are accepting the costs and sacrifices.....money, lives, effort, and noise....

He ended with these words :

" The price of freedom is not free.... the sound of freedom is not quiet"

As I thought about that... I realized that it's like that in life too....

the price of my freedom is not free ..... it came at the expense of a loving God who sent his only son....

for us.... for me

for our freedom....

and dare I say.... the sound of freedom?

Is it quiet ? Nope......

it started with the sound of a crying baby.... and culminated with a crowd shouting "Crucify Him"


From where I sit today..... I don't hear F-15s...... nor can I physically hear a baby crying..

but in my spirit there is a peace today..... a quiet freedom.....

and for that, I am very thankful!

2 Comments:

At December 24, 2007 5:52 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I wish you enough love, health & happiness througout & the holiday season & a lifetime through....

 
At December 26, 2007 5:27 a.m. , Blogger Terry said...

Dear Paul.
An excellent post as usual
What a blessing you are to the people and the bloggers around you!

I am just coming by to wish for you a very Merry Christmas[a day late] and a Happy New Year!!!
God bless you!
I always enjoy joy your pictures!!!

Yes you are right Paul...Even though the price for our salvation is free to us sinners, it was certainly not cheap!
God gave all that He had for us at such a great price to Him..
Terry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home