Still rambling

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend

well.... it's sunday night already.... hard to imagine how the weekends can rush by so fast..... but then again, it's cause we try to squeeze too many things IN....

This weekend was a complete panic... GOOD, mind you, but busy....

Friday I got back to Brantford just before 2:30....... had time to unpack my car, empty my mail box, and admire my tidy town house .... for the first time in how ever many years, I hired a person to clean my place.... man was it ever nice to come home to a vacuumed house!

Picked the kids up and we were back home by 4.... Around 5, we headed over to Paris to let the kids walk their dog, and get some clothes for the weekend.... then on the way home, picked up pizza and came home and scarfed.....mmm Heartburn!

Friday night, Taylor went to a Brantford Blast game, they are a Senior A hockey team in town... While he was there, I left the girls at home to watch some tv, and I went to help some guys work on a house in town .... A friend of ours from Central was moving into a home built by Habitat for Humanity.... there were lights to hang, and some trim to put on.... so I spent the evening there: They wouldn't let me near the compressor or the nail gun.... but I did get to hang some lights and do some wiring in the bathroom...
..... so far, the lights are still up, and the house hasn't burned down!

Saturday morning, the kids and I went over to help them move into their new place.... we were there until almost 1... came home, showered, filled the car with gas, went got Taylor ( who'd been drafted for the second load with the truck )... then just before 2, we left Brantford and headed to Oshawa.



We went to celebrate my parents 45th anniversary ..... it was a wonderful time.. Bruce and Tanya and the kids, and Mom and Dad came up from Belleville... and we all met at my sister's .....




We had a great supper and a really good visit there, albeit short. The cousins always love getting together, even Isaac is starting to fit in with the wrestling matches with everybody... it was really fun.



We left around 7:45 to head back to Brantford..... Anna had to get back for an overnight birthday party .....

We dropped Anna off at her friends house, and Taylor and Abby and I got home around 10 .... we watched a movie, and fell into bed as if we'd run a marathon!

Anna's sleepover lasted until 11:30 Sunday, so , so I decided I'd go to the early service ( 9:15 - 10:45 ) so I'd be done church cvin time to pick her up!.... But when I opened my eyes at 9:21 Sunday morning, I realized I wasn't going to make the early service (is this a LONG story paul???jeez )

so I went to the 11:00 service .... and left early so I could pick Anna up.... she and I stopped at the mall on the way home... I had to pick up some groceries and pick up a gift for me my counsellor friend Shirley: She turns 50 this week.... so there was a big party for her this afternoon.... I went hogwild on things like Anti Aging Cream, Rolaids with Gas Relief, A-535 cream, Bran flakes etc..... sure hope she appreciates the gift!!!















Anyway, after an hour at the mall, I'd reached my limit... not credit limit, sanity limit!! We came home, unpacked the groceries, and then I headed out to the 50th birthday party

.....I got home from that around 4 .... baked some muffins, and some banana bread : which takes a LOT longer to bake than muffins I discovered - The bread fell, in the middle... looks like somebody took a stick and ran a ridge down through the middle of the cake... jeeeeeeeez.....

anyway, after a while, the kids and I went to Walmart return something for Taylor, and to pick up a few things... we drove over there in the middle of the worst storm I've driven in,in weeks.. it was WILD out there..... The kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow!!

we got home from Walmart around 7 and now I'm vegging on the couch, writing to YOU!

The kids got to stay an extra night here tonight.... it's kinda nice, to have an extra evening after all the rushing...

OK then.... enough about me...lets talk about YOU for a while!

7 Comments:

At February 25, 2007 10:32 p.m. , Blogger Catherine said...

Whoeee...I'm tired just thinking of all you did this weekend! Glad it was a good one.

Just got back from watching AR at your sister's (shhhh...no talking!) and checked out the purdy tulips you bought. Niiiice! Gonna get me some of those next month to celebrate my 12 month LIDiversary for Hannah.

Glad you have an extra night with the kids and hope for their sake it's a snowday tomorrow! Wahoo!!

 
At February 26, 2007 6:40 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

You're weekend sure was action-packed! I don't think you could have fit one more thing into that schedule.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself at your mom & dad's anniversary party. Congratulations to them!

It's nice to hear that you got the kids one extra night...and maybe a snow day!!! Have fun!

 
At February 26, 2007 9:27 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do lead a busy life! :)

have a great week!

 
At February 26, 2007 12:59 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But.....you left out a couple things.....

what did you contribute for food to the anniversary dinner for your parents?

what is a PA day, which you mention in your next post???

I worked all weekend overnight shifts with a sweet little ole lady with bone cancer and spent my free time at church....thanks for asking!!

 
At February 26, 2007 9:58 p.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Can't say my weekend had any more spare time than yours Paul. Of course, I did make it to church early (had to be there at 8:30 for a praise group practice).

Considering your schedule I'm glad I only have two children. They keep me busy enough. Then there's that whole going to work thing . . .

 
At February 27, 2007 9:02 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I lived close enough to your sister to hang ou at her house! (you too, of course.. not just Carol.. hahaha)

I miss MY sister!

G

 
At February 28, 2007 3:37 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

I LOVE the red hair....it's just so you! A great new look for spring.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home