Still rambling

Monday, November 27, 2006

My weekend

well I had a wonderful time in Stoney Creek on Saturday and Sunday.... I was invited to sing at a 50th anniversary banquet Saturday night for Stoney Creek Baptist Church.... and then stayed over night at Ralph and Janice Lepore's house and sang twice in their Sunday morning service....

It was a really good time over all..... I left Belleville Saturday morning, around 11.....Ralph had called me earlier in the week, to warn me that the sound system at the banquet hall was not a very good one, and that very likely, I should bring one...... I've been, for the last couple of months, feeling I should buy one..... but since that hasn't happened, I stopped in Burlington at Long and McQuade and rented a sound system....talk about a God thing.... they had a 50% off sale on for saturday only , for their "Yorkville" brand equipment.... so for two speakers, a monitor, a powered mixer, two mics, two speaker stands, and all the cords, it was only $43 taxes included for two days... man, what a deal!!




My car was dragging pretty low, with all my luggage and inspection stuff and the sound equipment.

Ralph, bless his heart, paid me for the cost of the rental, out of his own pocket....I was very humbled by his kindness.

I sang 8 songs Saturday night... and had a very dubious distinction.... during one song, a couple got up and danced.... you KNOW you've picked a ministry song when people get up and dance!!
During one of the first songs I sang, two little kids got up and were bee bopping around the floor.... it was kind of cute, a little distracting... but cute. Thankfully, they were short, and I just looked over top of their heads! Thank God for poor peripheral vision!!

Anyway, when I started to sing "I'm Gonna Get Up" .....which is a Karen Peck song..... I jokingly looked down at the two kids and said.. now THIS SONG is one you could DANCE to........... It is a pretty neat song ( Click here to go to hear a sound clip ... click "MP3" on song # 8 )

Though my comments were a joke, one couple took me seriously I guess!! it was pretty funny... poor Ralph , keeping in mind he's a Baptist pastor, wondered why he'd invited ME to his church, I think!!!!

It was a very special time.... Ralph and Janice and I have been friends for many years... Ralph and I used to play hockey together back in the days when our equipment fit!!! Janice's father was the realtor that sold us our first house when we moved to Ontario in 1977 ....

I spent an hour with my kids yesterday afternoon.... we did the spiritual thing: We went to Tim Hortons!! They had a pot luck at their " home church" group, so I dropped them off there at 4:30 and drove to visit my friend Steve Mortley in Niagara on the Lake... we had a wonderful visit.... we drove all through the town, visiting, and eventually pulled up at a park at prayed together.... at one point I said to him: This would be very romantic, if you weren't a man!!!!

Love you Steve!!

So today, I'm doing umpteen loads of laundry, two weeks worth of dirty coveralls, and then after a breakfast meeting, heading to Lindsay to pick up my next batch of work....

Thank you for praying this weekend.... it was very evident to me that God was there, and not me!

4 Comments:

At November 27, 2006 12:30 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Very encouraging to hear how well your week-end went.*I* want to go to a Baptist church where you can dance!!

 
At November 27, 2006 1:31 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time.

 
At November 27, 2006 1:32 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time.

 
At November 29, 2006 12:03 a.m. , Blogger Angela said...

I'm a wee bit embarrassed to tell you that I cannot hear the link you posted because the sound on my computer doesn't work all the time.

Yes, my nerdy family was able to get your data back, but they pay no attention to my need for sound. Sounds like the cobbler's kids scenario eh?

Very glad to see that you had a good time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home