Still rambling

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Waiting at the airport

So I’m sitting at the Detroit Airport facing out to where my plane will dock in a few minutes….
++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok, it has BEEN a few minutes… and still no plane is visible…… It leaves at 10:40 and it is only 9:43 so really I shouldn’t start worrying yet. I have to say, it is very weird not having my car; I travel so much, that I’ve become dependent on having my car with me….all my STUFF is in there, and I don’t usually have to worry about being out of town and forgetting something… cause it’s all IN MY CAR!

…. Security was kinda weird today…. STUPIDLY, I forgot to check my overnight tooth brush bag, in my big suitcase… I had it in my carry on, to use last night… and forgot that I can’t bring most of the stuff IN that bag, on the plane…..

So I’m now traveling lighter than I was when I arrived this morning… minus shaving cream, cologne, tooth paste, shampoo ( not sure why I have THAT with me ) …..ironically, after a very long awkward pause, while they closely inspected my tube of Preparation H …. The guy put it back in the bag… WHEW….. worst case scenario: If I have to brush my teeth, I can use THAT….. it’ll keep my teeth from swelling….. ewwwwwwwwww!!!

There is a WI FI wireless connection here at the airport, but it costs money…. I thought I might be able to hook up to it for free but alas….I’m wireless and connectionless!! I have an aversion to paying for internet connections when I’m already paying for two cable connections already…. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH …..I’ll have have to wait until I get to Kentucky to post this long drawn out blog blather….

As I was sitting here, I thought about how weird it is, this “ GOTTA BE IN TOUCH “ society we live in…. When I flew with my parents back in the 80’s, there was no such thing as a lap top, NOBODY that I knew had a cell phone… we just assumed that when people were traveling, they wouldn’t be able to reach us… or we THEM..

BUT NOW… holy smokes…. This place is full of Michigan business people, on cell phones, with Blue Tooth wireless head sets, while they work on laptops, hooked up to the WI FI connection so they can work and travel….

It’s a pretty incredible yet it’s a very “dependent” society…. We have all this convenience, but we’ve become dependent ON it…. God forbid that I should be away from my laptop, and my cell phone for a few hours today while I fly somewhere….. I’m not sure if it’s vanity or dependence… but it is NOT RIGHT, that much I’m pretty sure of…

Well I’m gonna log off, and go buy a coffee before the flight, speaking of dependence!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home