Still rambling

Thursday, September 07, 2006

All Fenced In

so today, I'm inspecting a farm.... West of Kirkfield... The farmer was leading me ( down the garden path ) .... Around the front corner of the barn, so I could get to the electrical panel, which was inside the feed room near the silo.

For starters, he didn't open the gate... He climbed OVER.....

SO up and over I go..... As I threw my feet over top, my steel clip board slipped out of my hands and it, and all my papers went FLYING...

the clip board almost creamed him on the way down... Woulda served him right, really........

Somehow, between the gate ( that wasn't opened ) and the barn... I got 3 or 4 steps ahead of him..... And JUST as I came around the corner of the barn.....

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH...............


out the barn door trots this HUGE white horse.............


I screamed like a little girl


and jumped back so fast, I almost landed on my back side.....

it wasn't one of my finer moments....

After the horse sniffed me over a few times, ... We went around to the front of the barn, by the silo, and there's another fence....


he straddles it and goes into the little feed room shed....When he realized I hadn't followed him, he stuck his head out the door and must have seen the stressed look on my face....

oh, its ok... Just step over... Unless you're not as tall as me......

. . . . SO I started to climb over......


and as I teetered there in agony for a few seconds, I had the strongest urge to say :
I GUESS I'M NOT AS TALL AS YOU EH??????

so we get done, and I have to go around to the back side of the barn , to get a photo from that side ....

guess what? ANOTHER FENCE.... I kid you not.... this one : electric...JEEPERS

So MR. TALL steps over and keeps walking.... Then he turns around and says..


uh... You might wanna be careful stepping over this one..... Otherwise, it could shock you in a way you don't want to be shocked.....

YA THINK???????????????????

I looked at him, looked at the fence... And without thinking, dropped down on all fours..... And crawled like a Marine under the fence......

I took the stupid picture and tried to remind myself why I gave up an office job

3 Comments:

At September 08, 2006 9:54 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

You must forgive me but I am falling off my chair LAUGHING!! That is just too funny. It will give me my chuckle for the entire day....maybe week! ~Howling in Greenwood Square~

 
At September 08, 2006 4:03 p.m. , Blogger Dorothy said...

Oh this is tooooo funny! I needed a good laugh today and like gayle this is giong to make me giggle all week..."ya think!?"

 
At September 09, 2006 1:10 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I would have paid money to have seen that!

Ah, the life of the farm inspector. Look on the bright side...you didn't have a dog chasing after you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home