Still rambling

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Test Drive


so tonight, on the way home.... I test SAT in a car ..... funny thing was, it didn't feel any different than MY car....

My car is a 2001 Ford Taurus SEL ... got it from my mom back in 2004 ..... 4 dr, 6 cyl, lots of options... zillions of miles....

at the Hyunday dealership in Peterborough, tonight, I saw a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL ... GOLD .. same as mine.... EXACTLY the same as mine..... 119,000 kms on it, instead of the 296,900 on mine..... only difference was that it has a sun roof....

so I went in..... talked to the guy ... asked him how much they wanted ( $9995, which is pretty decent I spose ) ..... and then left.... as I was pulling out of the parking lot, the guy ( THE GUY ) came skipping out of the show room.... dangling the keys in front of him... you wanna see inside?

oh please... I've put 174,000 kms on THIS car in the last 2 1/2 years .... i don't think SEEING inside it will make a difference.....

but it WAS different.... it was CLEAN!!!


almost like sitting in my DAD's CAR!!

anyway... he brings the keys over, so I drove back around the lot and parked beside it.... he handed me the keys.. and i opened it up...

before I got in... I clicked the key fob door unlocker thingy ( such a techy eh? ) ..... cause one of the problems I'm having with my car, is that the power door locks wear out.... after a million openings, they just wear out.... the locks will go up slowly for a while, and then after a bit.. they just won't go up at all when you push the unlock button...

So i tried out this one.... to see if the motors were slow or not...
they weren't... they were REALLY fast... impressive really!

anyway..... after acting like Mr Bean for a few seconds, I stopped locking and unlocking the doors... and got in..... started it up... popped the hood the trunk.... yada yada .....

shut the doors and headed back to my car.......

the guy... looks at me and says..... you got the keys? uh... no....
don't YOU have them???

nope.......

guess they're in the ignition then .......... we looked in.. yup....

he pulled the door handle..... locked....

crap. if Mr Bean hadn't been so busy playing with the door locks, that wouldn't have happened eh?! :S

he headed back into the showroom grumbling.... keyless and not skipping quite so happily!


so...................... if you would like a 2002 Ford Taurus, and if you own a Slim Jim, you can go get one for free.... just help yourself!!!!

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeepers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home