Still rambling

Monday, September 04, 2006

Chocolate Drops

Yesterday, I went to church at Braeside Camp, where I'd gone to hear Jay Bailey... They had a lunch buffet, ( roast beef ) for $11 ..... can't walk away from THAT .... so I stayed.... they had some really incredible desserts, the piece de resistance was that they had Chocolate Drops .... you know the cookies I mean : Coconut, oatmeal chocolate cookies.... hubba hubba ..... my mom used to make them....

anyway.... after a full roast beef dinner, I was too full to eat my chocolate drop.... so I brought it home.... and if you're like me... a cookie connoiseur, the problem with bringing ONE cookie home like that is .... to quote my grandfather Mackay .... That tastes like MORE!

so today, having had my taste bud whetted to them, I made a batch ....

sigh...... no wonder none of my clothes fit!

6 Comments:

At September 04, 2006 4:43 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

I need the recipe for those please!

 
At September 04, 2006 4:51 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

The RECIPE :


Take highway 24, north to German School Road, go west... until you get to the end... turn right and another immediate right into the camp parking lot.... Dining Hall is about 300 Feet straight ahead...

Bring $11

 
At September 04, 2006 4:56 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

ok, that wasn't funny .... :

The Real Recipe :

2 Cups white Sugar
1/2 Cup Margarine
1/2 Cup Milk
6 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Cup Coconut
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Pinch of salt
3 Cups of Rolled Oats


Combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa in a saucepan. Keep Stirring over medium heat. Let come to a boil. Remove from Heat and add: coconut, vanilla, salt, and oats. MIX.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper ( which I had NONE... so i had to throw out a box of old cereal and use the bag as wax paper ) ....

and cool in refridgerator.... I didn't fit into the fridge, so I sat on the floor in front of the fridge with the door open ( groan ) !

 
At September 04, 2006 7:17 p.m. , Blogger Angela said...

We always called them frogs. Unfortunately, I'm not sure they fit into my new eating regime. Have another one for me Paul!

 
At September 04, 2006 7:47 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, do they ever take me back to my childhood! My mom used to make them all the time. Haven't had them in AGES! They are WONDERFUL and so easy to make.

This cookie has many different names: I grew up knowing them as Coconut Wonders, but I've also heard them called Haystacks and now Chocolate Drops. Whatever you call them, they're good.

Enjoy them, Paul!

 
At September 05, 2006 6:31 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Funny, we called them Camel Droppings...maybe you wouldn't eat so many if you thought of them that way!! Oh well, where would Omar be without you anyway??!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home