Still rambling

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Honey, I'm HOMELY

When I was in college at Prairie Bible Institute in the 80's, every year, during the last week of school they would hold a big huge spring conference. All of the dorm students, 500 or 600 of us, would pack up our stuff for the summer, and move out of the dorms and live like refugees on cots in the gyms.... one of my most vivid memories, other than the smell, was one missionary kid named Mark.... He would walk in EVERY night, to the gym, and shout : "MOM I'M HOME!!! "

I had the strongest urge to say..." SHE'S IN PAPAU NEW GUINEA you dough head"


... but I was too kind! Instead I waited until 2006 and told the entire blogging world!!!

Anyway.... stemming from that moment ....I started doing that when I got home at night.... now, when I get home at night, no matter whether I'm at home in Peterborough, or in Brantford, or at my folks..... I usually walk in and say :


Honey, I'm homely!

I said it tonight when I got to Peterborough....One of these days, I'm half expecting Mrs. Fisher to say "YES I KNOW.. SHADDUP already!"

but she's a very sweet lady... she'll probably just say what she said tonight....
AWWWWWWW... YOU CAME HOME!!!

anyway,
I saw this garage door today! Kinda reminded of dorm way back in 1983

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home