Still rambling

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Kentucky Bound

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

I'm leaving today for Kentucky .... Heading down to the National Quartet Convention, for the second time in my life..... I'm SOOOOO excited!

The National Quartet Convention is the MECCA for Southern Gospel Music junkies.... I was scheduled to go last year, and then couldn't at the last minute.... So this year, I'm extra excited!
They have various events during the day, but the main program is the evening concert line up.... The evening concerts start at 6:00 pm and run until midnight..... Each group has 20-40 minutes, it's a music smorgasboard! I also love going by the group booths... each group has a booth, set up in this HUMUNGOUS wing of the Expo Centre.... There are probably 700 or 800 booths... you can't see it all in one visit.... I'm gonna take my roller blades and my camera.... The next few blog photos may be a little blurry!!!

I'm leaving today, heading to Detroit for the night, leaving my car at Best Western there, hoping desperately somebody will steal it, ( I was gonna leave it, running, in downtown Detroit, and take a cab to the airport.... But the cost of the cab fare was higher than my Comprehensive Deductible... So why bother!!!!! )

Then tomorrow morning, I'm flying from Detroit, to Chicago, and then on to Louisville.... I'm not exactly hyper about flying... In fact, I'm not sure I'll like it at ALL! But such is life.... Cheaper to fly there, than drive almost ... One way flight is $138.10 ..... whoo eeeee.

I'm meeting up with my folks tomorrow afternoon, staying with them, and driving back with them on Sunday....

sigh... I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited...

here's the schedule of the groups I will hear at the nightly concerts this week :

Wednesday
Beene Family, Chuck Wagon Gang, Cumberland Quartet, Down East, Galloways, Greenes, Isaacs, Jeff & Sheri Easter, Kingdom Heirs, Legacy Five, Naomi & the Segos, Nelons, Primitives, Reggie Saddler Family, Rick Webb Trio, Ruppes, Three Bridges, Whisnants,

Thursday
Anchormen, Booth Brothers, Greater Vision, Hoppers, Isaacs, Jeff & Sheri Easter, Kingsmen, LordSong, Martins, Perrys, Triumphant, Whisnants,


Friday
Brian Free & Assurance, Chuck Wagon Gang, Crabb Family, Dixie Echoes, Dixie Melody Boys, Dove Brothers, Florida Boys, Gold City, Greater Vision, Hoppers, Inspirations, Kingdom Heirs, Lesters, Mark Trammell Trio, McKameys, Palmetto State Qt., Primitives, Specks,

Saturday
Booth Brothers, Crabb Family, Dove Brothers, Florida Boys, Gold City, Inspirations, Karen Peck & New River, Kingdom Heirs, Kingsmen, Legacy Five, Martins, McKameys, Mercy's Mark, Perrys, Pfeifers, Reggie Saddler Family, Talley Trio,

**********

Yawn.....I know, its very boring to just read a list of group names,
.... but I'm excited!!!... some of these groups are "la creme de la creme" of Gospel music..... I am very excited ( did I tell you that already? )

....... sigh...

4 Comments:

At September 12, 2006 1:34 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

By any remote possibility are YOU EXCITED???!!!

Hope you have a sensational time! Kentucky will never be the same!

 
At September 12, 2006 2:33 p.m. , Blogger Dorothy said...

Sounds EXCITING!!! Have tons of fun!

 
At September 12, 2006 3:47 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

Bring me something...and not a twangy soundtrack either! haha!

 
At September 12, 2006 6:28 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Do you know how green with envy I am?? No need to say have a good time...how could you not? (thanks for the blogging help yet again...it's just so simple when you know how!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home