Still rambling

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Storm of the Century


the snow has fallen, so have my arches, for that matter... but for the most part, the horrific storm of the century ( I'm quoting 680 AM ) is over. And Toronto, for all of the panic they instilled in people, by their sensational weather forecasts, got a grand total of something like 6 1/2 cms!!! yup... 3 inches!... I have to tell you, the HYPE they build on some radio stations ( the above one, mostly ) over "nothing" news, is really annoying...
They were SO worried about how this storm was going to affect people, that they were at the mall, interviewing the manager at the Yorkdale Mall.. to see how they were going to CLEAR THE PARKING LOT ... yup, that's real news. So, the manager says, our "guy" is prepared to come in BEFORE the storm, to put sand and salt on the parking lot, and then overnight, he's going to come BACK and plow the lot. wow.
... I am sure glad I caught THAT news clip... I'd have always wondered how they prepared the way for aggressive frantic shoppers!! I must say though... when I drove BY the Yorkdale mall, and saw a 90,000 Horse Power John Deere Tractor, with a Sanding machine on the back and a 17 foot wide blade on the front... my imagination went wild... I thought to myself.. I BET THOSE GUYS ARE GOING TO DO THAT PARKING LOT WITH THAT THING......

sigh... sometimes, I'm just plain sarcastic!

4 Comments:

At December 17, 2005 1:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

90,000 HP eh?..
the 9520T is their highest HP tractor at approx. 500HP. so there .... :)

 
At December 17, 2005 1:04 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot something in that last post, we were working in Bowmanville all last week, we heard the weather reports, panicked, thinking we were gonna get snowed in, in Oshawa.
So we left by noon on thursday, only to find out that we had the same amount of snow on wednesday then what u guys got all week, i got screwed out of a days work b/c of the stupid weather forcasters... i feel your pain paul :)

 
At December 18, 2005 11:46 a.m. , Blogger jamie said...

I'd like a blade like that on my truck, for deer hunting....

 
At December 23, 2005 1:04 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul ... 17 foot blade? Praytell, how do you know this? Forget I asked ... you still need to get out more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home