Still rambling

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sunday Nights




I've never been fond of Sunday nights...

when I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to go to Church Sunday night cause it was too late... and on Sunday nights, my mother told me, they used to sing a LOT of hymns .... ( Probably cause the pastor didn't have enough material to fill a second sermon!! ) and since I loved the music, I felt hard done by, that I couldn't go to Sunday evening service.. ( boy has THAT changed ) anyway...

When I grew up ..uh... let me rephrase that... when I got older, and became gainfully employed .. uh.. let me rephrase that... after I began to work... uh.. let me rephrase that... after I had a job and had to go TO work on Mondays, Sunday nights sucked. I was tired from a busy weekend, and keyed up already about having to go to work Mondays... a couple of the insurance jobs I had along the way, not the least of which was Metlife, were particularly troubling.... and Sunday nights were awful... dreading the morning after!!

But none of that is even close to how sad it is... to wave goodbye to my kids for another two weeks..... After I drop them off, and come back home to pick up the pieces of my life, my house seems SO empty and lonely.... and horrible....

After all these years, I still hate sunday nights....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home