Still rambling

Sunday, July 12, 2009

eeny meeny miney mo

For the last 5 years, I've bounced back and forth between two places...... home is a rented townhouse in Brantford...... WORK is either a room/board in Peterborough... or my parents in Belleville and sometimes my sister's house in Oshawa......

some Friday nights..... I am torn as to where I'll go home to.....

Every other weekend, I spend with my kids, so that one is a no brainer.... I head home.

But on the off weekends, sometimes I have farm appointments booked for the Saturdays.... and sometimes I just stay at my folks house and do paperwork from their basement....

Often, I don't fully decide where I'm gonna go until I've reached my last stop for the day.....

and when I get back into my car, I have to choose:

do I go back to Belleville..... or do I fight Toronto traffic on a Friday night and go to Brantford....

I usually let the GPS decide.... which ever is the shortest trip, that's what I pick.....


Friday night, my last stop was a farm at the North end of Pickering....... I wasn't sure whether I'd fight Toronto traffic and go to Brantford, or just go back to Belleville, sleep there and go home Saturday.......

so I did what I always do..... checked the GPS ...... Here's how helpful it was............




The Trip To Brantford :

I'd arrive home at 8:23 PM

The trip would take 1 hour & 51 minutes....

Total Distance - 155 kms





The Trip To Belleville :

I'd arrive there 8:28 PM

Trip would take 1 hour & 56 minutes....
Total Distance - 155 kms....




no REALLY!!!!!

4 Comments:

At July 13, 2009 6:54 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

That's what's known as being in "strait betwixed two"...

...or perhaps its, "The Road Not Taken"

 
At July 13, 2009 12:33 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

so you texted your sister to see if you could go there and she got your text on Monday afternoon! Sure, Come on over!!!

 
At July 13, 2009 9:43 p.m. , Blogger Gord said...

Another interesting blog by Paul but he seems to have omitted the fact he was the guest speaker at the Stoney Creek Baptist Church on Sunday. He did a wonderful job mixing Biblical teaching and injecting humour as only Paul can. You sure do know how to keep people's attention Paul, it is a gift. Well done and God bless.

 
At July 16, 2009 1:59 p.m. , Blogger Rosebud said...

So, where did you go?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home