Still rambling

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad

The busier life gets, the fewer times I tell you how much you mean to me.....

I mean, we're men... we're supposed to be macho... and hugging and saying I love you isn't what some people call macho.

But the fact is... we do hug... every time I leave, you hug me....

and you DO say I love you.... I'm glad that you don't hide behind macho!

Thank you for being my dad....

Thank you for raising me in the nurture and admonition of the Lord... and for your consistent example...

Thank you for coming to every band concert that I ever played in as a kid.... some of those were PAINFUL .... but thank you!

Thank you for helping deliver all those boxes of oranges and grapefruit that the "band" sold....

Thank you for letting me bring my friends over to visit at our house.... Thank you for making your home a haven for me... and my family and our friends....

Thank you for being faithful .... in business, in life, and in your relationship with God.

Thank you for the integrity you show....

Thank you for never smoking.... Mom's lungs thank you for that too!!

Thank you for being faithful at going to church... you amaze me that way!

Thank you for coming to watch me play hockey as a kid.... and for picking me up after school when I missed the bus... or stayed late to skate out behind Bailey's meat market.....

Thank you for picking me up after school every Friday at Galt and taking us to McDonalds.... those are such fun memories!!

Thank you for picking me up every Friday at Centennial so I could bring the tuba home... and for taking me back Monday.... thank you for never complaining with that "blaattting" going on downstairs.....

Thank you for moving us to Ontario... not that it is better here than anywhere else, but when you gave up your home and your comfort zone to seek out a better future when your job was being threatened, it showed how much your family was a priority. Thank you for not being afraid to pack us all up and move to a very unknown future....

Thank you for encouraging me to sing... and to play the tuba... thank you for helping to pay for that tuba.... thank you for letting me store it in your basement!!!

Thank you for the many times you've filled my car with gas.....

Thank you for the countless hours you spent helping at the farm ... way back when. Thank you for helping me move all those times....

Thank you for letting me store all that stuff in your garage in Shannonville....

Thank you for coming to my rescue so many times when I needed a shoulder to cry on...

Thank you for loving my kids as if they were your own....

Thank you for not judging me when my life turned out different than we all hoped it would.....

Thank you for encouraging me to work hard... and for doing so by example....

Thank you for loving mom the way you do.... I admire you so much!!

Happy Father's Day Dad !!!

I love you !










































2 Comments:

At June 21, 2009 3:12 p.m. , Blogger Colleen said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the glimpse into your relationship!

 
At June 22, 2009 3:03 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Such a nice tribute to your Dad....we need to do these things while we still can.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home