Still rambling

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Carol


A special day in history
This 25th of June
I’d rather write a poem
Than to sing a birthday tune!

A favourite verse of Scripture
Cause I’m SPURTUAL, don’tcha know…
Is in the book of Proverbs….
Just which verse I do not know

I guess I’d better look it up
I dare not be obscure
It’s found in Proverbs seventeen.
Which verse, I’m STILL not sure

But here’s the verse, in NIV
King James is not as clear
You’ll realize just why I love
This verse and hold it dear.

Proverbs 17:17 (New International Version)
17 A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.

I took this verse to heart, you know
A “Calling” it became
I just would be a BLESSING
Is my true and honest aim!!!

But lest you think me shallow
Now the truth I must admit
I’m only really teasing you
And now I’d better quit!

And tell you why I wrote this rhyme
On this your special day
To tell you that I love you
In a loving brother way!

I rarely take the time to say
Just what you mean to me!
So here in blue and white are words
For all the world to see….

I love you…. And I’ve forgiven mom for not bringing home the brother that I’d asked for….

She made up for that 5 years later anyway!!!!

You truly are a wonderful sister… you have come to my rescue many many times, and I will never forget that….

I have such incredible memories of travelling and singing together ( you’re right… the 80’s was our time!! )

And I miss those days!!!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday……

I love you lots!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

1 Comments:

At June 25, 2009 10:13 a.m. , Blogger Carol said...

Thank you Paul!!! You are a truly gifted poet!!! Thank you for being a great brother and for your unconditional love!!! and butter tarts! haha!! LOVE YOU BACK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home