Still rambling

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wind Farm.....

I have heard talk about wind farms..... gigantic wind mills that are placed in close proximity to each other.... but I'd never seen one... until yesterday....

I was coming back from Collingwood late yesterday afternoon.... somewhere west of Shelburne along county road 17 ..... I spotted a huge windmill... and then another and then another...

I have to say even though there is nothing out of the ordinary with these things, seeing so many of them was just a little eery..... there was dozens and dozens of them....

as unsightly as they seem to be, they are a smart move though... it was a windy day... and all but one of the mills I saw was turning.... kinda cool!




Check out how they dwarf the farm buildings..... that black barn on the left.. the wall is probably 18' high.... that gives some indication of how high those wind mills are!





1 Comments:

At November 12, 2008 3:50 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paul,
We go to Sue's parents on occassion in Mount Forest. We usually travel Hwy 89 through Shelbourne. The first time I saw the wind farm over there I felt like I was in a sci fi movie like War of the Worlds or something.
Al.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home