Still rambling

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quotable....

If you've not ever read it, you should read my brother's blog..... among other things, one of the neat thing Bruce's blog does, is to document his kids' "growing up years"

....


I wish I'd had a blog when my kids were little....

Back then, every now and then I would jot down a note with some of the things the kids said....

tonight while sorting some old papers, I found one of those little notes.....



These are from 1998 .....


[1] June 13, 1998 - it was late evening... I was getting ready for bed.... and I'd just gone to the bathroom.... wearing only my boxers..... Standing in front of the toilet, with the door shut, thinking I had the place to MYSELF .... when the door suddenly blew open...

Anna, who was 6 at the time, had awakened from a deep sleep, barged into the bathroom and said :

" I need a DRINK .... ANDDDDD You shouldn't stand in your underwear in front of a GIRL "

sigh!!!


[2] June 14, 1998 - Anna came into my messy office and said : " You know, for an actual man, you make a pretty good mess ! "



The next few aren't dated....

[3] I was teaching Abby ( who in June of 1998 was not quite 5 ) I was hoping to educate her about life around the house. On this particular day, I was showing her how to answer the phone.... The kitchen phone was mounted on the wall, and I wanted her to realize she'd need to pull a chair over if ever she needed to answer it....

Paul : " Abby, this phone is too high to reach. If it rings, what are you going to do?

Abby : " Say Hello ! "

duh dad!!

[4] Teaching the kids one day about Easter, I started asking questions...

" Jesus died for our sins...... what happened on the third day?"

and one of the kids replied " He made the Sun and the Moon"

uh no, ( in my best Alex Trebek voice ) ....we were looking for Resurrection!!


[5] One day Anna and Abby and I were out shopping.... When we got home , expecting their mom and brother to be inside the house, the girls were out of the van like a shot ...

They got to the door WAY ahead of me and rang the door bell feverishly..... after no one answered, they turned to me and said..

" No one is inside"

and thinking this would be a good time to train them about Jesus' presence, I said...

" Jesus is inside"

to which Anna replied :

"Well He may be inside but he's NOT ANSWERING THE DOOR"


lol

and last but not least....


[6] One morning just after waking up, I went up to Anna and kissed her.....noticing her reaction, and realizing I'd not brushed my teeth yet, I said...

" Sorry Honey... I didn't brush my teeth yet"

to which she replied

" All I smell are your arm pits "


sigh.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home