Still rambling

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bitterlug

I'm not an activist... nor by any ones gauge, an environmentalist....

but I do greatly dislike littering....

While I'm driving, I never EVER pitch stuff out my window... well.....except for two things..

"gum"

which I feel adds to the stability of and helps fill cracks IN the pavement ( though my kids vehemently disagree with me on that one.)

and Banana peels...

I have this philosophy ..... that if the banana peel helps fertilize the ground, making it more fertile, then in essence....I've helped the community..... by composting!!

Get to the point Paul....

ok.. so I'm driving along highway 7 yesterday.... with a banana peel in need of a final resting place...... because I hate littering, I will only throw peels out if I can find a spot where I know the ditch is close... AND where no one will see me.... cause from a distance, a car behind ( and especially a police car ) could never tell WHAT I pitched.. just THAT I did............

SO I finally found the spot..... and please know that for the last 4 1/2 miles while I was hunting and waiting for the right spot, that banana peel was staring at me, and taunting me ....

OCD takes over and I become almost frantic ... at which point I can concentrate on nothing else save getting that peel OUT of my car.... I'm as pathetic as a kid in a candy store with money in his pocket!! It's burning a hole in my pocket!!!

anyway... I found the spot... no cars meeting me... only one behind me and he was WAY back.... finally .... a break in traffic...

But since highway 7 was just rebuilt and resurfaced this summer, the shoulders are really wide...... so I knew I'd have to put some muscle into the throw.....

so in a rush, needing to not only be quick unloading the peel, but needing to really whip it a long ways.... I pressed on the power window switch........ careful to put my window only partly down so that my papers didn't fly all over, I leaned sideways and with all my might, I HEAVED.......











and hit the top of the window......splitting the peel in half, part of it dropping over the window like an over weight pole vaulter and the other half of the peel falling back in the car, and slding down under the passenger seat..... leaving mush all over the window....

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepers!

as I looked back in the mirror.... I saw the other half of the peel.... smack in the middle of the road.....

jeeeeeeeeeeeepers!

I'm not sure which ticket would be worse.... a littering charge.... or a careless driving charge, for driving all over the road, from laughing so hard!!




1 Comments:

At November 25, 2008 8:13 p.m. , Blogger Pebble Princess said...

I should have pointed this out weeks ago, but you really need to know, to ACCEPT, that the banana incident was probably God's punishment for every person who ever got your daggone gum stuck on the bottom of their shoe! Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord!!
There is a law of nature that causes spit out gum, even in the wilderness, to gravitate to where it eventually ends up underneath the shoe of some poor, hapless soul.
GRRRRRRRRRR to all gum litterers, you, included, my dearest Paul.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home