Still rambling

Monday, July 28, 2008

A monument to my stupidity

So.... last night, Anna wasn't feeling very well...... she went to bed early.....

I headed up around 9 to check on her.... she was lying in bed, reading.....

She asked me if I would pass her the pillow that was sitting on the floor by her bed...

I grabbed it... and thinking I'd be FUNNY..... I swung it over my head, in a grandiose gesture..... pretending that I was going to hit her with it......

what I didn't plan for was the ceiling fan....... I hit it FULL FORCE with the pillow.... severing the globe and the bulb.... glass flew EVERYWHERE.... all over the carpet , all over her bed spread.......



JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPERS!

so much for Anna going to bed early...... she headed for the living room, while I re-decorated her room... pffffffffffffff

Here is what was left of the bulb...... I think I'll make a pen holder out of it!!!









After 20 minutes of vacuuming and cleaning up, I had her bed remade..... and coming down the stairs to the basement with an armload of glassy bedding, I stepped on the new yellow pages book, that was sitting on the stairs.... and wiped out and bounced down the last few steps on my gluteus minimus , and ended up sitting on the bottom step with my head spinning, and my feet in the recycling bin at the bottom of the stairs..................................

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

5 Comments:

At July 28, 2008 11:14 p.m. , Blogger Julie said...

I shouldn't laugh, because that would be rude, but you explain things so well that I can totally picture you going down the stairs. :0) I hope you're okay!

What do you do for an encore?

You really should put a warning on your blog that no beverages should be consumed while reading as they may get spit out all over the screen from laughter.

 
At July 29, 2008 6:48 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I can envision this happening. That was quite a dangerous incident...both the glass breaking and the falling down the stairs.

You're very fortunate that no one is the worse for wear!

 
At July 29, 2008 7:17 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a holiday!

 
At July 29, 2008 1:22 p.m. , Blogger Little Montreal Girl said...

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Can I say it enough? You have me LAUGHING!

Oh....are you ok? No broken bones? What was the phone book doing on the stairs?

I mean, we keep ours in the closet! But if we don't watch it, it comes flying out and hits some unsuspecting person in the head!

Glad you didn't have to go to the hospital!

 
At July 30, 2008 9:33 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks for the laugh today...you described it so well I got the full picture in my head....am still laughing!!!!! I could say LOSER....but that wouldn't be nice...just be more careful!!! LOL
Love yea...you do keep me in stitches!!!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home