Still rambling

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Weekend....

Well, my weekends seem to go by SOOO fast, when I have the kids.... this past weekend was a blur.... but a good blur!!

Friday afternoon, I left Port Perry just before 1 pm.... and was home before the weekend traffic got out of hand.... Friday night, we rented pizza and ate a movie..... ( based on the heart burn I had, it FELT like that was what we did!!! ) ....

we watched Night at the Museum.... I'm not much into fantasy movies, but this one was really neat.... it's one that I would like to buy someday....

Around 8:30 Friday night, Anna and I ran over to the mall to get her some track pants ..... then took her home, and ran Taylor over to Moose Winooskies to meet some of his friends.... I picked him up at 11:00 .. only cause I'm OLD and can't stay up til all hours on the weekends like I used to!! ( he WANTED to stay out til midnight...) sigh.. it sucks to get old!!

Saturday morning, we headed out around 10:30 to go to Muskoka Baptist Conference.... Carol invited me ( and the kids ) to come along with their praise team to help with the worship on Sunday.... It was a taxing two services for Carol... I didn't know several of the songs, and I'm an old fart, really.... no, wait... STICK IN THE MUD..... and I have this "SCOWL" look on my face when I'm uncomfortable about something.... I think Carol aged 20 years this weekend, thanks to me!

The kids had a wonderful time with their cousins.... and we got to see quite a few people we knew at MBC ... so it was a fun weekend.... thank you Carol!!!

Monday, we left Huntsville around 10:30 ... got home just before 2.... we went home for a bit, then went out to see Shrek 3 ... what a fun movie..... WE LOVE SHREK at our house.... it was a fun time....

After the movie, we made a mad dash to Ted and Ang's house in Simcoe for a BBQ ... we rolled in there around 6:30 and were gone within an hour.. nothing like dine and dash eh??!!!!

It was really hard to take the kids home and then go back to work... I dropped them off just after 8, and by 9:30, I'd been home, had the garbage and recycling out, car packed, house tidied up ( ok, we weren't home long enough to MESS IT UP! ) and back on the road to Peterborough... got to Peterborough just after 11:30 .... sigh... I love weekends... I HATE when they're over!!!
Here are some photos of the weekend.....


































































5 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 6:45 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

It sounds like you had a great time!

MBC looks gorgeous...what a beautiful weekend to be up in Muskoka.

Love the sign for Port Sydney!

Have a great week!

 
At May 23, 2007 10:10 a.m. , Blogger donna said...

You ARE a busy man...it is awesome to see a dad enjoy his children as you do; they grow and spread their wings soooo fast...

I didn't see any pictures of you scowling or looking old!!!!!! but, I have to say, your sis has a most charming smile...

blessings to you
donna

 
At May 23, 2007 8:01 p.m. , Blogger Dr. Rus Jeffrey said...

Glad you liked "Night At The Museum." We loved that movie and gave it a 4 Lloyd Family-Friendly rating. :-) We already have it in our DVD library. Actually, that's what the boys bought me for my 45th birthday. :-D

Rus

 
At May 23, 2007 10:46 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you lived in Port Sydney... but how else to account for the sign?

LOL

 
At June 03, 2007 7:43 p.m. , Blogger Pebble Princess said...

Paul, did you take the moon photo? I've never seen such detail in a sliver moon. Was it the regular camera lens? I am impressed!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home