Still rambling

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Across the River

Our family lost another friend yesterday.... Shirley Shaw died early yesterday morning... she and Hank are close friends of my mom and dad.... their son Kirk was a good buddy of mine when I was growing up.... Their daughter Karen is married to Hal York, pastor of mom and dad's church....

sigh........ in the last year, 6 of my close friends growing up, have lost a parent, 4 of them from mom and dad's church in Belleville..... it is starting to hit close to home....

Yesterday as I was driving in my dad's car, this song came on a cd he'd left in the car..... God's timing is pretty neat....

sigh....

Across The River
Triumphant Quartet

I've often prayed for God to heal a loved one
and I've pleaded for his touch upon their life
I've rejoiced with every prayer I've seen Him answer
But at times I've had to watch and wonder why

Why would God not choose to send His healing
to a precious saint, in their time of need?
Oh but I believe that just across the river
He's performing miracles I cannot see!

Chorus

Across the river, there is no sickness
across the river, there is no sorrow on that shore!
All the pain will be erased with one look on Jesus' face
across the river, we'll be healed for evermore!

If I live, I live because of mercy
just to serve Him with each borrowed breath of life
Oh but if I die I'll still receive a healing,
Waiting for me, over on the other side!!

Across the river, there is no sickness
Across the river, there is no sorrow on that shore

All the pain will be erased with one look on Jesus' face
across the river, we'll be healed for evermore!

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2007 7:38 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

That is an awesome song...wasn't God good to send you that just when you needed it. Death is a very hard part of life but when we know the loved one is waiting for us in glory it sure takes the sting out. I can hardly wait until we are all "across the river".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home