Still rambling

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I got to spend yesterday afternoon, and night, and today with my mom ( and dad ) .... it was really nice.. and quite relaxing. We met Carol and her kids and Bruce/Tanya and their kids, at the Lumber Mill Restaurant in Stirling.... it was very nice.....


Today, I went to church in Belleville and got to sit beside my mom in church.. that hasn't happened in a while... it is exciting that mom is out to church!


The pastor spoke on II Tim 1 -

5 Contributions of a MOM in the home.


[1] Transparent Tenderness ( Compassion )

[2] Genuine Faith ( Real Spirituality )

[3] Inner Confidence ( Inherent Strength )

[4] Self-less Love ( Loving even when it hurts )

[5] Self Control ( Putting first things first )


The more I listened, the more I realized that my mom embodies all of those. The pastor told about some Biblical Scholars, who were debating which translation of Scripture was best.... the one notable answer was when one of the scholars said : " I like my mom's translation best; she translated it into Real Life."


cool eh?!


the one thing from that list above that stood about about my mom is her tender spirit. If ever, in the last 44 years, I needed a shoulder to cry on, it has been my mom that I turned to.... She not only has a very soft understanding spirit, but she has been through a lot of hurt in her life, and all of it without a complaint....it's easier to seek "understanding" from someone who's been there....


anyway... I love you lots mom! Thank you for continuing to be there in spite of all of the difficulties you have faced.


here are some pics from last night and today....







2 Comments:

At May 13, 2007 9:56 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom. I'm glad that you got to spend some quality time with her.

I had a "II Timothy 1 Mom", too. She was a protective mother hen....always caring for her precious charges.

I miss the times when we used to "just chat", especially when things went wrong or when I didn't feel well. No matter what, Mom was always there.

Now that she's gone, I've come to appreciate the value in what we did have.

So, take it from me...always cherish your Mom!

 
At May 16, 2007 7:24 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Sitting in church with my kids is one thing I really miss....I bet your Mom was glad to have your there.
What a nice photo of the two of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home