Still rambling

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Weekend







well I had a great time this weekend.... exhausting, somewhat, but good... I was in Amherstburg , at Lighthouse Baptist Church for their 35th anniversary... I preached there for several months back in 1996... it was like going home kinda!

I had forgotten about the landscape there... it's gorgeous.... The above photo was taken out the front door of Tim and Christine Jupps place ( Tim is the pastor of the church where I sang ) ... they live in a rebuilt cottage on Lake Erie... it is very scenic... You can see Ohio across the lake there....


The Detroit River enters Lake Erie right at Amherstburg.... You can see Downtown Detroit from there when you look north... it's way cool.





The whole south west tip of Ontario has a lot of oil wells ... small individual wells... pumping non stop.... i find it very interesting....





anyway, as far as singing goes, it went really well I think ( nobody got up and LEFT anyway! )

I sang 11 songs at a banquet Saturday night and then sang 3 on Sunday morning. I also sang with their worship team both services... by Sunday night, my voice was shot!!

The guest speaker at the Sunday night service was Don Howard... he was my boss when I was a youth pastor in the 80's at Knollwood Baptist in London... it was a wonderful reunion...




I got home around 1:30 Monday morning. I took the morning off, and slept... I met my friend Mark ( I live with his mom in Peterborough ) for coffee just around the corner from where I live in brantford.....


then came back to Peterborough yesterday late afternoon... stopped at Carol's house to see her basement ( I can take or leave visiting THEM, but they are finishing their BASEMENT :P )


Today it rained alllllllll day... I had appointments booked in Haliburton area.... gorgeous cottage country, just not so pretty in the rain!
I got soaked...

Tonight was a big Broker Appreciation night for Farmers Mutual.. I stopped just outside of Carnarvon and changed my clothes on the side of the road.... it was good that there wasn't much traffic.. thought it WAS still raining, for pete's sake.....we had a fun time tonight... my brother and his wife came for the banquet... it was way neat to see them...

well I'm whooped... had to leave early this morning... and the earlier I have to leave, I longer I lay awake the night before.... tsk.

In other news, Taylor ( my son ) called today ... around 4:45 .. he goes.. Dad: I need to tell you something.. ( Oh crap .. this is NOT good ) ....

he paused and said... I'm NOW A G1 DRIVER!

sigh... I was right... this is NOT GOOD!!! Actually, I'm excited about him driving... just not MY vehicle! LOL
actually, I'm very excited for him..... and I feel old... it only seems like 27 years ago that I got MY licence..... I guess I'm getting old!!

3 Comments:

At October 18, 2006 9:24 a.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Glad your weekend went well. Those times just do so much for the soul and spirit don't they?
You changed on the side of the road?? Don't you have the Mr. Bean technique mastered yet?
Oh ya, your kids driving will age you fast...real fast.

 
At October 19, 2006 6:50 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

At least he didn't change while driving down the 401!!!

 
At June 16, 2008 1:33 p.m. , Blogger Allen R. Mickle, Jr. said...

Hey I wasn't invited to Lighthouse! I was the interim pastor there back in 02-03 I think! :)

Allen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home