Still rambling

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Diary of an idiot

On my way back from Apsley today, I was heading south on Highway 28 .... I got passed by a truck with a four wheeler in the back... he went by me like I was standing still... and as you know, I do NOT stand still when I'm driving... be that as it may, he went FLYING by me....( he's not the idiot... stay with me ) ....

about 5 minutes up the road, I came around a corner ... and there he was... stuck behind another vehicle, and the two of them stuck behind a tandem with a load of lumber, probably from a mill in Bancroft.....

The four-wheeler-truck guy ( referered to as FWTG hereafter ) was not impressed.... cause as you know, he likes flying PAST people as if they were standing still....

Anyway, we came to a long stretch of road, and zoom... out goes FWTG into the passing lane to pass the long semi.... only the semi guy sped up..... ignoramus.... he'd been doing 70 or 80 kms an hour... until he got to a straight stretch where the other vehicles could pass.. and what does he do? speed up to 110 so they couldn't get by....

both of them in the passing lane, until they had to pull back in.... I could ONLY imagine how ticked FWTG was...... three times between Burleigh Falls and Lakefield, he tried to pass that guy... and every time , he pulled out... tried to go by and that moronic semi driver sped up and wouldn't let him pass.......

I find that kind of stuff interesting to watch from my vantage point behind... it is dangerous though... this was a long long truck... at that speed, even I THOUGHT IT WAS IDIOTIC.... Eventually when we got to Highway 134, we all got past him.. .but to be totally honest, I wasn't sure how safe I was in FRONT Of him..... with a load like that.... it wasn't all that comforting to look in the rear view mirror and see this bearing down on you ...

tsk... I must be getting old!!

3 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 9:05 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

".... it wasn't actually comforting to look in teh rear view mirror and see this bearing down on you ..."

Remember, some objects may appear closer!!!

Besides, how were you managing to drive (on wet pavement), "presumably" concentrating on where you were going(???) and still managing to take all these photos???

Curious minds want to know!

 
At October 11, 2006 9:17 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

I don't need to concentrate on where I'm going......

I have cruise control

 
At October 12, 2006 6:49 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Yep, cruise control and a Guardian Angel will take you far in life!

I "thought" that you were going to say that you didn't have to concentrate on where you were going, because you've been to Apsley SOOOO often, that you know the place as if you were a native! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home