Still rambling

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Taylor's Vacation Trip to South Carolina

Taylor left today for South Carolina.... my cousin Kathy and her family bought a ticket for Taylor and flew him down to visit them ( Taylor is about the same age as her oldest son Winston ) ...





Taylor is not very fond of flying ( today was his 3rd annual trip ) .... so he didn't sleep very well last night..... nor did I, for that matter.... When we were on our way to the airport this morning, we heard the news report about the
Terrorist plot that was foiled in England.... Taylor looked at me and said.. "oh MANNNNNNNNN... I was worried ENOUGH before that".....




Things weren't too much different, other than the fact that he couldn't bring any liquids in his carry on bag.... no toothepaste, no shampoo, no gel, no water bottles, no liquids. I watched him until he went through Customas, and watched as he walked out of sight .... I almost cried.... sentimental slob that I am!

















His flight ( US Airways flight 3847 from Toronto to Philadelphia ) was originally 10:30, and he was in the air by 10:53 .... so it wasn't too late... he transferred in Philadelphia and THAT flight was delayed 2 hours... he said part of it was weather, and part of it was a scare of some sort..... police and dogs were in searching all over the place.... he called me just after 7 tonight from Kathy's place.... he was thankful to have his feet back on the ground, I think!

I miss you buddy!

3 Comments:

At August 11, 2006 8:21 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Poor Taylor...what a day to be flying, especially when he doesn't enjoy it!

Didn't he fly down south last year, right after the Air France crash in Toronto?

What a way to start a vacation!

 
At August 17, 2006 3:37 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love you taylor miss you and your annoying bits and pieces but i still love you

 
At August 17, 2006 3:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the anonymous was me daddy abby :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home