Still rambling

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lester B Pearson Airport today....

After the Terrorist scare and arrests in England was anounced today, the airport was a very interesting place today.... CH News and Global News both had news crews, interviewing people at the airport... It never ceases to amaze me how they can take a normal story, and make it into something completely SENSATIONAL... sigh...








Also at the airport today I saw Viktor Troicki - he is a Serbian tennis star, and had come to Canada to play in the Rogers Cup Tennis Championship in Toronto. He was flying out today to Cincinnati ( I think he said ) .. I asked him how he'd done at the tournament ( and realized as soon as I said it... the tournament finishes on Sunday.... if he is flying out thursday, he obviously didn't DO VERY WELL !! ) .... he told me though, that he had twisted his ankle.. and so he was leaving early!.... I shook his hand but was too chicken to take his picture.... so I went around the corner, and got a picture of his luggage and his knees!!















The other thing that was really cool today, was that I saw 4 groups of kids flying out to Kentucky to the
Tim Horton Childrens' Foundation camp ... The kids looked pretty scared... Though they were in a groups of about 20, they looked like they were ALONE... each kid walked by themselves...they obviously hadn't made friends with each other... they looked really lonely... poor kids.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home