Still rambling

Friday, July 14, 2006

For Sale

When I arrived at my sister's place Wednesday afternoon, they had their garbage out for Thursday morning pick up... Oshawa has this all new recycling program, clear bags, food in a special garbage container etc etc etc. Good for the environment, but a lot of work.

Oshawa has a 4 item limit, and they had an old radio and fax machine that they were hoping to send to the garbage but cause they had 4 items already, the fax machine and radio were sitting in front of the garage, waiting for NEXT week...

I said to carol: " I can tell you what our FATHER would do.... he'd have a for sale sign on it and have it at the end of the driveway"
( My dad can see ice cubes to eskimos...)

anyway... she laughed..... that won't happen in THIS neighbourhood ( the houses on their street are pretty snottily tidy... it's nauseating, really.. but I digress )

so anyway.....when I went to pick the girls up Thursday afternoon, Carol was still at work... so I took the liberty of doing some uh.... SELLING...... made up a sign, and moved the items to the road.... and left my dad's telephone # on it!

In my mind I could hear Carol saying... NOT IN THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD... and me replying... OH YES YOU CAN!!!

the funny part is...... Some guy in a truck stopped to see the radio..... I told Carol if she SELLS IT, I get half!

4 Comments:

At July 14, 2006 3:45 p.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Does that stuff work? The fax machine looks nicer than the one we have at home right now. Suppose you could just pick up Carol's garbage and bring it to Guelph?

 
At July 14, 2006 4:32 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

no..... but I WILL give you directions to her house!!!

apparently, I'm not allowed on their street for a while!!!

 
At July 15, 2006 8:03 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

Well, I never! Our street is NOT snotty! My POINT was that it's a court... not much traffic would see the stuff that needs to be sold!!!!
And I'm sticking my tongue out at you at this very moment!!!!

 
At July 29, 2006 6:27 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are cracking me up. If only I'd have this amo before she was here today..... it would have been rather fun! hahahaha

Glenda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home