Still rambling

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Clutter


well, I spent a couple of hours last night, going through some old scrap books and files, looking desperately for something I'd filed away ..... the end result, was that I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find some incredible treasures....

among the noteables, were these :

- A bumper sticker from 1986 when the Habs won the stanley cup
- my Grade 11 Highschool Schedule... holy....
- a picture of some cute girl who I don't remember
- phone messages from London when I was a youth pastor... the calls still haven't been returned!
- a Ticket stub from a Bill Gaither Trio concert in Toronto... wow... it was only $10 back then!
- a hand written note from Rev Jame's MacDonald's mom.... i lived with them when i first was a youth pastor
- my Drivers Ed certificate...
- a love note from some girl named Sue.... yikes!
- my dorm inspection checklist from college... no, i didn't pass , at least, not on that particular day! tsk
- A petition from the guys I worked with, at Sears, trying to get me fired.... LOL! it was signed by Jerry Falwell, Pope John Paul VII, and 3 real guys that I worked with.. who evidently loved me dearly!!!
-A golf score card from 1987 --- when I took some of the guys in the youth group golfing... Gerald Lassche was one of them.... the only putt he sank all day was when he lay face down on the green and shot it in with the handle of his club, like a pool cue .... jeepers!
- My name on the polling list from 1987... I wonder who won that election, i don't even remember if I voted
- A receipt from No Frills in Owen Sound, for Kraft Dinner... WHY would I save that?!?!?
- A parking receipt from Parc Olympique in Montreal, when I went to see the Expos play in 1985
and a whole bunch of thank you notes..... some from people I don't even remember


sigh..... sometimes, I miss the good old days.....

4 Comments:

At January 22, 2006 2:26 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, nostalgia...it's a wonderful thing.

Sounds like you are a real pack RAT! (Maybe you need to keep the cats around to help with the "rat issue")

 
At January 23, 2006 12:08 a.m. , Blogger Angela said...

Funny, I thought you were just a nerdy tuba player who normally wouldn't have had a picture of a cute girl let alone a love note of any type (your mother excluded!!).

Sadly, you consider unreturned phone messges as "treasures" and you took drivers ed and can't seem to move your car without hitting something this year!!

You're obviously way cooler than I thought . . . NOT!!!!

 
At January 23, 2006 10:05 a.m. , Blogger Edge Dude said...

1987 - David Peterson and the provincial Liberals

 
At January 23, 2006 10:38 a.m. , Blogger Carol said...

Alex P. Keaton is in the house!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home