Still rambling

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Cats in the hood

well... I must admit, I've never been a cat lover... in fact... that's probably an understatement!

Be that as it may, I've had a hate on , of late, for some neighbourhood cats. The neighbours, in a moronic gesture of kindness, have been feeding a bunch of cats.... I DO not know why.

Every time I arrive home, or when I open my door to go out, 2 or 3 cats scatter. They apparently lie in my doorway ( and take advantage of the heat leaking out the door ... tsk Renting a lovely place EH?! tsk )
anyway, it got much worse one night when one of those IDIOTIC cats got into my townhouse...
15 minutes and 800 scratches later, i got that "thing" out...... he is buried over behind the basketball pole.
ok, i'm kidding... and yes, there IS a point...

I have complained all summer and fall, to my kids, and to anybody that would listen.... about those STUPID cats....

until today. I had an epiphany ( that sounds like it should be either fattening or sinful ) ...

last winter, ALL winter, i had mice ( eat your heart out Carol ) .... caught a whole bunch, but never could stay ahead of them... it dawned on me today... i've not had ONE mouse all winter... not one sign.. no droppings, no corner of the bread bags eaten... nothing.

know why? cause of those stupid cats.... they've scared the mice away.

sigh.

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2006 6:35 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can bring over a paintball gun that takes the bark off trees (as opposed to just leaving the paint on the bark) i played against jess's brother (owner of said paintball gun) in October, and still have the bruises from it...
we can take care of the cats... fairly accurate up to 100 yards away (so that means even when they are running away, u can still get a couple shots in on them, cowardly, yes i know :) )

we could snipe'em from the 2nd or 3rd story :) they'd never know what hit them, hehehe

p.s. this has been tested and perfected on cows, and they run, so i'd assume a cat would run when confronted with the same conundrum
(stay and be warm, or run and not be bruised for the next 6 months :D)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home