Still rambling

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Slow Drivers.........



ok. so I'm on my way to inspect this morning... and I got behind this uh.... well.... DRIVER!
I won't say which gender, or what age bracket.... but it rhymes with little old lady .......... ANYWAY... I sat through two lights at the corner of Chemong and Lindsay Highway because the Left turn lane doesn't have a flashing green.... and the afore mentioned sweet little old lady was afraid to pull out...Midway through the second light.... all of a sudden .... she DARTED OUT like a shot out of a gun... almost creamed a pickup truck coming from Bridgenorth... JEEPERS..

when I finally got to go through ( cause I waited for the truck from Bridgenorth... I HAVE TOO MANY DENTS ALREADY ) ........ I thought to myself : when i catch her, I have to get by... its 44 kms to Lindsay.... single lane each way... i do NOT have that kind of patience....

so about 300 feet up the road, I caught her... ( well maybe more like 1/2 a mile but anyway ) ... I followed her for 1/2 a klik or so... and then saw my chance.... dotted line, nothing coming.... GO

so I went .... once I got along side her, I realized that what I thought was a dotted line, was in actuality, intermittent sand/gravel/gunk on the road.... indeed.... a double line......
going up a short little hill... with a pick up truck coming at me...... CRAP..... and it is about then, in situations like this,... that I remember that I have Farmers Mutual Signs on the side of my car..... LORD HAVE MERCY ...... Frantic, I pulled in front of the poor little old lady, afraid to look in my rear view mirror..... punched it and took off...
I figured if she was as old as she SEEMED...by lunch time, she'd have forgotten it ever happened anyway...

Continuing west, I put a HUGE distance between me and the little old lady, and was almost ready to gloat... when I got to Fowlers' Corners.... and that stupid light.... went red... nothing coming from the north or the south... NO REASON for the light to change!.... I guess it was GOD that made the light go red...... and there I sat.... waiting, watching NO cars cross in front of me.... and putt putt putt....... up pulls the little old lady.... in her little dodge Shadow..... I HATE when that happens... JEEPERS

5 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 7:45 p.m. , Blogger jamie said...

A man driving on the interstate
Slowing down traffic making everybody late
Everybody's staring not knowing what he's going through
Somebody hollered from the passing lane
Yelled out the window, hey ain't got all day
The old man looked around and caught his eye
He said please forgive me
You know it's been a long life
My wife has passed away and my kids don't have the time
I've been left all alone
And its getting hard to drive
So please forgive me children

(They don't understand)
Everybody's busy with their own situation
Everybody's lost in their own little world
Bottled up, hurry it up trying to make a dream come true
(They don't understand)
Everybody's living like there ain't no tomorrow
Maybe we should stop and take a little time
Cause you never really know what your neighbor's going through
(They don't understand)

 
At January 20, 2006 9:24 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At January 20, 2006 9:26 p.m. , Blogger Carol said...

Reading the other responses to your blog makes me want to scream... OH FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!! There's NOTHING worse than someone out taking their car for a walk!!! (that phrase came from James Bailey Sr. many years ago and I've never forgotten it!)
I LOVED your blog and it made me howl... especially picturing her arriving at the next light! TOO FUNNY! Happy driving

 
At January 21, 2006 8:43 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with you and driving. I still remember the mother of all potholes you hit the time we were doing Pennysaver.They say "the army it's not just a job it,s an adventure." Kinda like driving with you eh Paul.

 
At January 21, 2006 11:54 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always got caught behind old ladies going from Linsay to Peterborough (or back) and you know how i drive :) it upset me greatly at times to travel at 70 when the posted limit is 80, and it's a sunny may day with no one around... and it wasn't even sunday :S

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home