Still rambling

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Day 1 of a new life -

 Well today I am embarking on a new venture --


not a job - not a relationship -

and no, I'm not coming out of the closet!

I am scheduled for Bariatric Bypass Surgery four weeks from today - to help control my weight -

it's been an issue for a long long time, but much worse since the pandemic.


In February of 2023, I was diagnosed with moderate Osteoarthritis and it has become much worse in the months since then.

In March of 2024, I began walking with a cane and September 13th, 2024 - I received an Accessible Parking Permit - the blue wheel chair parking pass -

I cried --- but I am also very grateful to have it !!



Today begins the last 4 weeks pre-op - where I will live on 4 Medi-Meal shakes every day - and 2 litres of clear fluids of my choice - which does include decaf coffee and or Clear soup broth - 






after a full day of vanilla shakes - vegetable broth was DELECTABLE at supper time!

This was my last Breakfast :





and this my last supper!!



I shall keep you posted - with as many details as I dare --- and will even give you the link to the YOUTUBE video of the actual surgery - I DARE YOU to watch it !!!

3 Comments:

At September 25, 2024 5:21 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got this Paul. It will definitely be an eye opening journey for anyone following. 🧐

 
At September 25, 2024 9:45 p.m. , Anonymous Kimberlee said...

I'm so excited for you to have a new lease on life. You might need Discovery Channel (as per your bio), but the world needs Mackay! Good luck with the decaf thing 😏 xx

 
At September 26, 2024 3:32 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very ambitious, and extremely brave of you to tackle. I'm wishing you the very best! From your old blog pal, Elaine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home