Still rambling

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Poor Little Kid....

I was inspecting in Hamilton on Tuesday.... I was just coming off the 403 at Aberdeen... if you know that part of Hamilton, it's not residential ..... in fact, the only things there for about 4 or 5 blocks.... are the Camco plant and the Hamilton Spectator building......

As I was passing the large empty parking lot of Camco... I spotted a little kid on the side of the road..... looked like he was wearing a snow suit and a back pack....

I slowed..... he couldn't have been more than 4 .... and nowhere in sight could I see any cars stopped..... no adults with him.....

just him..... standing there all by himself ..... in the pouring rain....waiting..

My heart stopped..... I scanned again... no adults ..... no cars.. nothing.... WHO would leave a little child to walk around an area like this!!!!


As I frantically tried to change lanes to pull over, my windshield wiper cleared the rain and I could see a little clearer.....

and I laughed in spite of myself.....


it was a Fire Hydrant!!!







3 Comments:

At December 11, 2008 11:57 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you didn't cause an accident trying to help the little boy then, imagine explaining that one to the cops :) Straight to the looney bin for you

 
At December 11, 2008 1:24 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

THANK YOU for the laugh. It's been one of those days and the laugh was welcomed!!!!

Such a caring soul you are!!!! LOLOLOL!

 
At December 15, 2008 9:22 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Oh Paul...do you need glasses??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home