Still rambling

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mrs Johnson...

so.... I met Mrs Johnson tonight......

I don't actually know who she is..... and I quite honestly didn't really MEET MEET her....

She called.....

I had barely gotten the word Hello out.....

and
she started...

Hi Honey..... I'm going to be going right near you tomorrow on my way to Toronto.....maybe we could meet for coffee

and she paused .....

and my heart skipped a beat....

and I said....


uh............. I'm Paul ..... uh..... is it ME you were looking for?

and the phone got deathly quiet....

I'm SO sorry, she said.....

to which I replied...

oh... Don't be..... I haven't been called HONEY in a very long time.... I actually quite liked it!!!

she hung up before I could invite her over for coffee!!

4 Comments:

At November 26, 2008 12:28 a.m. , Blogger Angela said...

too funny! lol

 
At November 26, 2008 6:31 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Sorry, wrong number!!!

Poor woman - must have been embarrassed to death!

 
At November 27, 2008 8:33 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was coffee?

 
At December 09, 2008 1:51 p.m. , Blogger Pebble Princess said...

That's so nice, honey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home