Still rambling

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

31 years ago today.....

Have you ever heard the Kenny Rogers song... " Twenty Years Ago" ....? It's a really sentimental song..... which I love.....

Click HERE to hear it on Youtube

It`s been a long time since I walked
Through this old town
But oh how the memories start to flow
And there`s the old movie house
They finally closed it down
You could find me there every Friday night
Twenty years ago.

I worked the counter at the drugstore down the street
But nobody`s left there I would know
On Saturday mornings that`s where
All my friends would meet
You`d be surprised what a dime would buy
Twenty years ago.

All my memories from those days come gather round me
What I`d give if they could take me back in time
It almost seems like yesterday
Where do the good times go?
Life was so much easier twenty years ago.

I guess I should stop by Mr. Johnson`s hardware store
His only son was my friend Joe
But he joined the army back in 1964
How could we know he would never come back
Twenty years ago.

++++++++++++++++



..... 31 years ago today, we left a tiny little town like that.....

December 2, 1977 we moved from Randboro, Quebec to Belleville....


It was life changing for me....For all of us I think.....

We left Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, my grandparents who lived next door to us, and all our friends, and started a new life in Ontario....


For WEEKS before we moved, I would cry myself to sleep... every night..... sad that we were going, sad that we would no longer live next door to my grand parents.....

but in the ensuing years, God has proven over and over that, in spite of the sadness in leaving, that it was His plan for our life......

But every now and then, I have flashbacks of life back in Randboro...... mostly at Christmas time....When I hear Christmas carols, the Christmas memories that flash back are nearly ALL from Quebec....

I cherish those memories....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home