Still rambling

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Early Bird is an idiot.... pffffffff!

so .... I started shopping early this year....

contrary to what everybody believes!! I have convinced most people that I haven't started yet when in actuality, i'm 95% done and have half of it wrapped already... so there!!


HOWEVER..... there is a draw back....

In late November I started.... and wrapped gifts as I brought them home... but no "tags" ... I didn't bother labeling them....which is fine when you have two gifts sitting in the corner of your office... you know exactly what you bought, what shape the box is and who it's for...


but by the middle of December when there's more boxes and bags in the corner, this uh... labellessness ( how's THAT for King James Version! ) is a little problematic...


Today I pulled a wrapped gift out.... and had NO SWEET CLUE what it was..... so I had to UNWRAP the blessed thing....
I was able to save the paper, but had to use half a roll of tape to cover my stupidity!

SO...... I went back through my gifts.. and ... since I STILL don't have any labels.... I am using Sticky notes til I can go and buy tags...


As I was finishing this morning, Anna walked into my office... spotted the sticky note with "ABBY" written on it.... and said.... " You have GOT to be kidding"


yup... nothing but class and HIGH SOCIETY here baby!







3 Comments:

At December 14, 2008 7:07 a.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Ok, Paul, that's why you HIDE the gifts (without wrapping them), so when you go to wrap them, you know who they are for. DUH!!!

As for the tags, nothing wrong with the sticky notes, but I'm sure you could get something more "Christmasy" at the $ store!!!! LOLOLOLOL!

 
At December 15, 2008 9:33 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

As Mel says...Alzeimer's Light...or not so light?!? As long as you can still remember who the gift is for when you unwrap it I say you're still doing ok :)

 
At December 24, 2008 12:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it, i just cut little pieces off the scrap paper and fold them in half, jess yells at me b/c she bought a pile of stick on tags from the dollar store, i figure why not use up the scrap paper, sticky notes ARE a good idea though, if only we could find green and red ones :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home