Still rambling

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm BACKKKKKK

It's been so long since I blogged, I don't even know where to begin!

Last Wednesday, at the last minute, I decided to go to the Quartet Convention....

I left Bracebridge around 4:30 pm.... Drove to Niagara on the Lake, picked up my buddy Steve, and left for Kentucky....

We got as fas as Ashland, Ohio, which is about an hour from Columbus... it was getting on towards 2 am... .I was yawning lots, and steve was getting plenty nervous!! So we stopped!

The next day we had a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, and got into Louisville at about 2:30 ....

We stayed 3 nights at a Holiday Inn... in Indiana ( about 9 miles north of the Fair and Expo Grounds, where the NQC was ..... ) ... the motels there were almost $50 cheaper per night than the Hotels near the airport/Fair grounds...

The convention was incredible.... I have lots and lots of photos on facebook, which you can see here :


Album 1 - The Trip

Album 2 - Thursday Night Concert

Album 3 - Touring downtown Louisville

Album 4 - Celebrity Sightings

Album 5 - Friday Concert

Mom and Dad were not able to go this year.... It felt weird not having them there....I took a lot of photos so they could experience at least some of it...

and then I remembered that they had subscribed to the online web feed and watched more of the 6 days worth of concerts than I DID!

it was a wonderful trip... Steve and I have vowed to do more road trips...

if for no other reason, to enjoy the cinnamon buns at Holiday Inn !!!

1 Comments:

At October 10, 2008 1:48 a.m. , Blogger Terry said...

Paul...How did your mom and dad subscribe to the web feed to watch the concert. I have never heard of this.
It sure was nice to watch the Greater Vision concert on internet but man!...it sure would have been nice to see that quartet convention!...Love Terry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home