Still rambling

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Small Things Amuse Small Minds

to quote my dad! Often, sadly, he was referring to the things that I found amusing...

like collecting match books ( used ones ) when I was a kid.... or some seemingly insignificant thing like that!!

HOWEVER.... this week, something quite UN-SMALL amused me immensely...

I got to ride in a dump truck for the first time in my life!! WHOOOOOOO EEEE!!

My friend Sean Bowker, who roomed with me for a few months in Lindsay, in 2003, is a heavy machinery operator... i mean, he operates heavy machinery! The fact that he may or may not have put on 15 pounds since getting married, has nothing to do with it!!

I on the other hand, have NO excuse for the 15 lbs I've put on since last fall!!

anyway, Sean was working in Brantford this week... hauling gravel from a pit near the airport in West Brant, and dropping it around the corner from me...

since I was home on Thursday, he picked me up ... literally "feet" from my townhouse, and took me on a run with him...

I was like a kid in a toy shop.... found it quite exciting....

but, to quote Sean....... " after 14 hours of sitting in here, it tends to lose it's lustre"

well I only had to endure 45 minutes... and the lustre is intact!!!

here are some photos!!



This is Sean's Truck

The view of The Grand River, looking South from Highway 403









I think that the trucking company got gyped... They weigh the truck in the morning... and then deduct that amount from every load during the day...... the trip that I was riding, the truck was a few pounds heavier than normal!!



Sean arriving to pick me up..

Mr cool....Driving like he's done it forever!
Heading west on 403, to Rest Acres Road

Smile.. you're on candid camera

the loader that filled us up



2 Comments:

At September 01, 2008 6:24 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad i could amuse you, if even for just an hour :) I should get you into our 30 ton excavator for a couple minutes then you'd feel really powerful. Those pics of me came out way better then expected (unfortunately :) )
Hope to take you along in the jump seat another day, preferably a day after hauling topsoil where there's 3 ton stuck in the box that needs shoveling out, and you can help!
Not only can i run heavy equipment, but also time to time the 3 foot excavator (shovel):)

 
At September 01, 2008 6:29 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

I'm In!!!

and you will notice that I didn't ask if you'd let me DRIVE!

arent' you glad! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home