Still rambling

Monday, August 04, 2008

The Mighty Oak....


Anybody remember these????



When I was a kid, I used to get people's autographs.... not stars or celebrities... just people I knew that mattered to me! It started at Camp Livingstone... they used sell Autograph Books at the tuck shop.....


I found mine a while back... brought back a ton of memories.....



One of my very favourite entries was from Jamie Bailey's dad , Jim. or Uncle Jim as we called him....... I have quoted him many many times....... here's what he wrote....




A couple of weeks back, when I saw this tree while inspecting... it reminded me of Uncle Jim's poem.....

pretty cool tree... pretty cool poem!










1 Comments:

At August 04, 2008 5:42 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

I certainly do remember autograph books...in fact, I also still have mine...I'm really glad that most of the entries were dated.

I got my autograph book 30 years ago, today!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home