Still rambling

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Too Far Gone...er too LONG gone

When I left home a week ago Wednesday, I was in an awful flap to get my car loaded and get on the road.... I had to drop my son at a Dr's appt in Hamilton... and I had been given STRICT orders to have him there on time ( not that that would ever be a CONCERN with me... Mr Punctual, they call me )

anyway.... i was in a mad rush.....and I knew I would be gone for 9 or 10 days.... so I was stressed about not forgetting anything....

When I went to put the Coffee tin back in the freezer, I needed to make room and apparently decided to rearrange things..... at least that is what I assume...... cause when I got home 9 1/2 days later ..... we couldn't get the fridge door to open.. or the freezer door for that matter..... looking up on top of the fridge, we saw a cardboard ice cream container sitting on top of the fridge....


and looking down, to the floor, we saw THIS.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaThis picture is hard to see.... but the cream and the syrup from the ice cream had melted and drained out.... all down the inside of the door of the fridge and freezer... leaving behind what seemed like a compact brown and white brownie textured substance.... ugh......
When the fridge door finally opened, we found the syrup had hardend and was literally like sticky hard taffee ..... I peeled some of it off with a knife....
The syrup on the floor was just as hard... when you look at it, the brown syrup looks wet I assumed I could clean it up with a mop... but it was actually as hard as glass .... ugh....... I scraped some of it up with a frying pan flipper....then poured hot water on the rest of it, to melt it so we could mop it up....

the floor, has been sticky all weekend... Finally after washing it two or three times, I mopped the whole room last night and that has seemed to stop some of the sticky.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... I guess I'll either have to be gone less time, or perhaps... ( horror of horrors... ) be a little more organized when I leave, next time!!!









7 Comments:

At June 01, 2008 1:49 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

What a mess! Of all the things to leave out!!!!!!!!!

One time, I bought a really expensive container of ice cream (in a plastic container, thank goodness). I asked my dad to put it in the freezer. Somehow, he heard "refrigerator" and put it in the fridge to melt...I found out later that same day and we all ate a tonne of liquid ice cream!!!

 
At June 01, 2008 5:45 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it still good?

 
At June 02, 2008 1:35 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GROOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT A MESS! Did you taste the ice cream left in the container?

I once left a couple of steaks outside the freezer and we didn't notice them, and we where HOME so don't feel bad,(because they were in a plastic bag) until the office started to smell like dead animal. I guess that is what a steak is anyway. It was pretty disgusting to pick up that bag of bloody, smelly steak!

At least ice cream doesn't stink. Our office stunk for a few weeks.

Little Montreal Girl

 
At June 02, 2008 8:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Mr. Mackay,

I just saw your list that you were tagged for on Julie Chatten's site...why don't you put them up here? That is a REALLY good list...did you forget you were supposed to only put 5 things you had to do?!??? ;) LOL!

God bless you,
LPP

 
At June 03, 2008 2:25 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious, what is your middle name?

I've found a Paula Mackay and a Paul Andrew Mackay by putting in the wrong web address. Funny.

Little Montreal Girl

 
At June 03, 2008 7:29 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

hey Praying Sens Fan......

You'll have to Guess!!!!

you got the right Middle Letter..


EH?

 
At June 03, 2008 7:48 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my neighbor says that would not be funny if she would not find that funny if it happened to her...but she was laughing so hard...wish you could see her!!

LPP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home