Still rambling

Saturday, June 28, 2008

My daughter, the artist.....

The last few weekends before school finished, I often found Abby labouring over her art homework...

at times it frustrated me, to see her so having so much to complete......and I need to point out, that any art talent my children have, did NOT come from me.... if I can't use a ruler, I don't draw!!

so to see my children even TAKING art, does my heart good ... though I often utter the age old phrase... " better you than me! "

This year, when Fathers day came, Abby told me that her gift was something she'd been working on in art class, but wasn't finished...

I've been gone since just after Father's day, and only got to come home last night to get my fathers day gift...

and just so you know, it was worth the wait!!

Abby combined her two loves... hockey and art... no wait. Hockey and DADDY!!!
Here's what she made me.......

..................to start, here's the Fathers Day card......

Abby's favourite # is 31, thanks to Carey Price .....




Check out the detail..... sigh... this is going to be framed!!

and this was the piece de resistance..... a Habs pen holder ( or coin holder ) .....

now check this out.... any good artist signs their work.....
this I LOVE!!!

AM for Abby Mackay... and the heart for uh... Daddy??? ;)

I love you Tigger...




sigh.... Thank you!!! ( hugs )


love Daddy xoxo


5 Comments:

At June 28, 2008 8:00 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

That girl has TALENT!!!

What a beautiful gift - one that you will treasure FOREVER, not only because it came from Abby, but because it was CREATED by Abby, to her Daddy, with love!!!

 
At June 28, 2008 9:04 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

They do so have a way of twisting us around their fingers...and our hearts don't they? There's just nobody like your kids...unless maybe it's your grandkids?? Don't know yet....

 
At June 28, 2008 9:25 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got the am part right but the heart is soo not for you its for prettyness:P love you daddy :D

 
At June 29, 2008 11:21 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abby..

that is a very awesome sketch...and mug...

my oldest daughter would tell you to pursue those artistic talents...

the sketch is really cool...

 
At June 30, 2008 11:57 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abby that is really nice what you drew and did for your Daddy! You are so sweet :)

Love,
LPP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home