Still rambling

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ping Pong

When I was living in Lindsay ( back in 2003/2004 ) , I rented a condo, and for a few months, I shared it with Sean Bowker.....
the lady who owned the condo had a ping pong table in the basement.... when the kids came to visit, we'd play a fair bit of ping pong.... when I moved from there in July of 2004, Abby had only one question : Daddy, WHAT ABOUT THE PING PONG??

sadly, until today, we've not played any ping pong at all..... while we were hunting for the Christmas decorations ( unsuccessfully, I think I must have given them away or something ugh ) .... we came across the ping pong paddles, and the net..... Abby and her classmates have been playing at school... not on a ping pong table, rather on several of their school tables pulled together......

so she decided to make do here... we added 3 leaves to the table, and put the net on...... and we have played all day..... what a riot......

Since 2004, Abby has gotten GOOOOOD .. jeepers!!..... the last game we had before supper, she beat me 24-22 ....

and gloated all through supper.... little squirt!

we left the net up, for supper.... cause I didn't want to take it off and then put it back in case we scratched the table.....


it made it interesting with a PING PONG net on the dining room table!!!



7 Comments:

At December 02, 2006 9:42 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Now, that is the stuff that makes for great memories...in years to come, they'll fondly remember how they had fun playing ping pong with you on your dining room table!

Even more important...Abby will remember that she WON! LOL!

 
At December 03, 2006 9:32 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was growing up, that was our dining room table, and MANY, MANY Ping Pong Games were played on it. Glad to see it is serving (no pun intended) the same purpose again. Mom

 
At December 03, 2006 9:34 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was growing up, that was our dining room table. MANY, MANY Ping Pong games were played on it.
Glad to see it is serving (no pun intended) the same purpose once again. Mom

 
At December 03, 2006 9:36 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was growing up, that was our dining room table. MANY, MANY Ping pong games were played on that table. Glad to see it is serving (no pun intended) that purpose once again

 
At December 03, 2006 3:12 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

We have a great ping-pong table in our basement that hasn't been used in years...we no longer have room for it to be set up. When you come to pick up your crokinole board you can pick that up too!! I seem to remember one or two pingpong games on our table as kids too...don't remember ever beating anyone tho!

 
At December 03, 2006 10:12 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

we had a ping pong table growing up too... it was in the garage, cause it was too big for the wreck ( pun intended ) room..... but we didn't play very much... I remember playing Uncle Doug on it... and getting whooped... he was left handed, and lefties ALWAYS stymied me... plus he had long arms... and he'd reach way forward and drop the ball just over the net... and I'd be half way across the garage waiting for him to slam it... and I'd NEVER get to the table in time to get it....

I think I must have emotional scars to remember such detail about my ping pong losses!!!

 
At December 05, 2006 6:03 p.m. , Blogger Gayle said...

Yawn....sigh...I'm tired of playin' ping-pong, Paul....what can we do today??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home