Still rambling

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Strawberry Jam Again

Well the kids have gone to the cottage with their mom... They rent a place in Barry's Bay ( north of Bancroft ) When they go up there, I get pretty lonesome ... There is no phone at the cottage and cell phone's don't work that far north... So it's a week of no contact....Which makes me feel pretty far away .....

Last night when I called them to say Goodbye, Taylor asked if I'd bring over a couple more jars of Strawberry Jam ( jam that Anna and I made last weekend ) ..... It was flattering to know that he likes the stuff... And has gone through almost a whole jar this week...


anyway, I got to thinking, that if we go through jam THIS fast, we'll run out in no time .

So I went and picked more berries and made a whole bunch more jam.... Today I went south of town ( Brantford ) and found a new place.... This was the 4th farm where I've picked berries this year... today's were the biggest, juiciest berries so far.... and the cheapest... last week, the 4 litre baskets were $6 each.... At THIS place, they are $3 .. Can you JUST imagine!!! ( here is where I quote my father again.... " Small things amuse small minds " )

anyway, here are some photos of the jam and the berries.....
























1 Comments:

At July 05, 2006 11:30 p.m. , Blogger jamie said...

I worry about you.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home