Still rambling

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back to work

well after almost 3 weeks off, I'm back to work.... I had another bout of cellulitis in my leg... from what I have come to understand, it is a strep infection, that finds its way into the body ( through either a crack, a cut, scrape, bug bite, etc ) ..... it hits the blood stream, and then the infection takes over.... this occurrence was the very same as it was in August of 2004, though I was in the hospital for 10 days that time, only 4 this time..... I'm not a good patient... at ALL ..... and those GOWNS they give you...are not gowns... they are APRONS!

Now I know why they call it I C U ... ugh!

anyway.... I'm back to normal for the most part... still on oral anti biotics, my left foot and ankle still swell a fair bit, so I have to keep my foot up... hard to do when I have to drive, walk and sit at a desk doing paperwork, for my job... regardless, the leg is doing ok, and I'm back to work full time now... Came back to Peterborough yesterday ( Tuesday morning ) and am back into the groove again....

I wanted to say how much my family's support has meant to me through this whole thing... the day I went to the hospital, my daughter Anna came with me ( a friend drove us ) .... and she was SUCH a trooper... stronger by far, than I was.....

she left mid afternoon to go home for some lunch, and while she was gone, my sister arrived... Carol, you will never know how much comfort it was to see you walk through the door.... I almost cried.... ( ok, maybe I DID cry ) ... anyway, thank you for coming Carol! She missed Eva's birthday party ( AND CAKE ! ) all cause of me...

Sunday, my folks came to visit for two days.... what a comfort it was having my family there.... sigh....

anyway.... lest I get all sentimental, I should get my gimpy leg up and head to work!

Thanks for all of you who prayed and called and cared..... and to those of you who impatiently waited for me to blog... I'M SORRRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!

1 Comments:

At June 14, 2006 5:15 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Welcome back; we missed you!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home