Still rambling

Friday, May 26, 2006

Bottled Water

Not that I'm a health freak ( I'm just a PLAIN freak ) .... but I like the kids drinking water when they come to my place... ( we sometimes buy a case or two of pop.... but mostly bottled water..... )

The down side to buying bottled water, though... is that if the kids don't end up drinking the whole bottle, there's a bunch of half bottles of water lying around..... and since we don't know who drank the FIRST half .... nobody will drink the 1/2 empty ones.....

So we amalgamate the half empty bottles ... and I use the new "full" bottles to water my one and only plant ...... I presently have 16 full water bottles ( saved up over the last 3 mos ) sitting behind the recliner upstairs, a reminder to water the plant. ( boy this is a long story about nothing )

anyway.... a couple of weekends back, I noticed Taylor had a bunch of empties in his room.... I told him, BEFORE YOU LEAVE to go home... make sure all the bottles are sent down to the basement for recycling....

Dropped them home sunday night and when I got back.....this is what I found...



















LOL .... at least he's not drinking pop!!!

6 Comments:

At May 26, 2006 9:18 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Why drink bottled water? According to a news report that I saw, most of the bottled water is nothing more than purified tap water.

Do you have good drinking water in Brantford or do you have to haul it from St. George?

 
At May 26, 2006 9:28 p.m. , Blogger Paul said...

Brantford water is HARD and gruesome.... I have been buying bottled water ( the big bottles ) for the past 4 years or so.... but the bottles are a lot more portable and way few dishes to wash! make any sense??!!

 
At May 26, 2006 9:36 p.m. , Blogger Wendy said...

Sure that makes sense.

It is my understanding that there used to be a sign in the public washrooms in Paris to "please flush the toilets, so Brantford can have drinking water". (I never actually seen the sign, but I've been told about it many times over the years).

Perhaps that is why the water is hard and gruesome!!! LOL!

 
At May 28, 2006 4:59 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can voutch for the nasty water in Brantford, it even makes the taste of Brantford timmies coffee "unique".

I think brantford water is almost on the same level as Lindsay water :S

 
At May 28, 2006 10:00 p.m. , Blogger Edge Dude said...

Please Pray for My Brother Paul. He is currently in the hospital with the same issue he had 2 years ago with the blood poisoning in his leg

 
At June 02, 2006 8:32 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, the EXACT same thing happens here! Even the watering the plants part!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home